Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Purduevian

This ignores that most (if not all) of those willing to pay for Premier Pass would have likely purchased LL-MP & LL-SP anyway, so their net effect on LL capacity would be zero.

Except presumably the LLPP user is using more LL lines than they would have as a LLMP user. So they are taking up more ride capacity than before.
Put it another way, A LLMP user at MK might only take up LL capacity on JC, Thunder, Small world, Pirates, Carpets and HM in 1 day.

This LLPP user might take up LL capacity on JC, Carpets, Tianas, Big thunder, small world, pan, mermaid, pooh, tea cups, dumbo, barnstormer, buzz, space, philharmagic, monsters, ect all in a day.

That extra capacity on the additional rides needs to come either from current LLMP users or standby users

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You'll have a blast in each of the non-US parks. Make sure to visit Paris after the redo of Disney Adventure World has been completed (seeing that you aim for 3 years from now, that was probably already your idea).

Personally I can't wait to go to Tokyo again, but I'm holding back for when their new Space Mountain opens.

That is the plan for both actually. All the current work at DLP should be completed, and then give the new Space Mountain a year to "settle in" before visiting.

nickys

Premium Member
Except presumably the LLPP user is using more LL lines than they would have as a LLMP user. So they are taking up more ride capacity than before.
At MK and DHS, yes, probably. IF they actually ride everything.

At AK and Epcot, I doubt it. But even fewer people could possibly think it’s worth buying at those parks.

However at DLP, where the price is maxed at €190 (around $230) Premier Access Ultimate has a negligible impact on wait times, because almost no one buys it.

celluloid

It will definitely have an impact. Otherwise, it would have no value to what they are selling.

The attraction breaks down, and goes back online. Who get to go on first? The ratio is heavily waited to those who paid additional premium, and as more inventory is given, the ratio favoring the priority paid for line will increase. And because the premier is not scheduling times for E tickets....yes. it will impact.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They’re looking out for us. They don’t want to tempt the plebes at all star resorts with enticements that would cause irresponsible spending
Honestly some that typically stay deluxe may save money on a hotel by booking a value so they can then spend that savings on premier.

But, not an option.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They’re looking out for us. They don’t want to tempt the plebes at all star resorts with enticements that would cause irresponsible spending

See? They care, they really care!! (Until they unleash this on Moderates, at a higher price, as a trial balloon to see how it could be with Values as well)

CaptJackSparrow

Also the timing matters. LLMP used to be spread through the day, with many being used up early in the morning and later at night. This new LLPP will mostly be people cramming into lines in the middle of the day.

Purduevian

At MK and DHS, yes, probably. IF they actually ride everything.

At AK and Epcot, I doubt it. But even fewer people could possibly think it’s worth buying at those parks.

However at DLP, where the price is maxed at €190 (around $230) Premier Access Ultimate has a negligible impact on wait times, because almost no one buys it.
You will also have the issue on the top demand LLMP rides (SDD, Remy, Frozen, Navi, Tiana). These rides sell out pretty quick on LLMP, in theory these LLPP users may not have a chance to ride these on LLMP (sold out before they could get to it), but now they get their seats. So, you again either have to take that seat away from LLMP (sells out quicker) or Standby (changes the ratio of LL/standby).

I still think at first this will be pretty minimal, but overtime it may become noticable.

On a side note standby skipper is only $25 per day!

Jeff456

I can't see enough people buying this to make a dramatic difference to everyone else it is insanely expensive.
Makes Universal's premier offer look so good, we are staying in rooms at AP rate for sub $300 a night and getting two days of unlimited express for both of us for that. If we had kids they'd get it as well!

Disney Analyst

This lacks value at WDW, but could be very useful for people at Disneyland with a parkhopper.

This is the direction I always thought they should go, but they need to fully remove the multipass option. Offer single ride purchases only, and this.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Put it another way, A LLMP user at MK might only take up LL capacity on JC, Thunder, Small world, Pirates, Carpets and HM in 1 day.

This LLPP user might take up LL capacity on JC, Carpets, Tianas, Big thunder, small world, pan, mermaid, pooh, tea cups, dumbo, barnstormer, buzz, space, philharmagic, monsters, ect all in a day.

That extra capacity on the additional rides needs to come either from current LLMP users or standby users

So are you ready for the other shoe to drop (reduction in LLMP and ILL allocations) ?

Touchdown

Cool but I don't think that's what they are doing.
PML guests are going to have an expectation that they will wait less then 15 min per attraction at that price.

MLL guests are going to have an expectation to use their pass on long line attractions 5ish times.

My position is that Disney cannot meet both expectations, it’s impossible. Given that, Disney is going to cater to the group that pays more.

I expect the system to morph to what DLP has where you can buy individual LL and PLL.

Disney Analyst

Disney has fully embraced the budget airline business model, it’s amazing how quickly they’ve gone from being the best, highest service, all inclusive, airline to becoming Spirit.

Do they not realize most people avoid these airlines like the plague because they loathe the nickel and diming?

Disney has had options for those with money since nearly the beginning. Hello Club 33.

It just looks different these days.

Welcome to capitalism!

mattpeto

This will be the end of the multi pass, they are piloting it at deluxe resorts. If it goes well everyone will be eligible and multi pass goes away. Thats my prediction.

I think you aren’t weighing how much value the typical guest feels for skipping “some” lines. And how much Disney values guests skipping lines as well. More time to spend on merch/food. It’s considered mutual win-win.

LLMP is here to stay.

JAB

I can't imagine too many people paying for this, so I started to wonder if this might actually be a bit of "you are the magic" marketing psychology to boost LL-MP & LL-SP.

Offer a ridiculously priced option that takes the "work" out of LL and so, by comparison, LL-MP & LL-SP make you feel like you're getting a "great deal" if you're willing to put in a little more effort yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom