News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Raineman

And in relation to this thread - Jaws was not the best move and should not have been replaced. There was other property that could have worked for Harry Potter.
Replacing an original attraction/area that used a beloved "older" IP that had a large footprint and used water as a conveyance, with a newer, "cooler" IP that the kids will love-it took Disney 14 years to work in that horrible idea from Uni.

celluloid

And in relation to this thread - Jaws was not the best move and should not have been replaced. There was other property that could have worked for Harry Potter.
Yes. Jaws issue was that it took up real estate and costly to operate as well as being eadg for park to park transit between Potter Lands.. The big difference at least with Diagon and London compared to Jimmy Fallon and Superchargged, is the land has made healthy profits and accolades.

Last edited:

fngoofy

Does this change indicate that Disney will start operating their theme parks like it was Las Vegas-build something new, and in 30 years when the attraction is less busy, or the IP has become tired and not as popular, bulldoze it for something new and shiny based on what most 7 year old's love at the time? Is this gonna be the new business model?
Oh no. You see, WDW has the "Blessing of Size." They don't need to tear down things, there's all kinds of space "Beyond Big Thunder" don't ya know.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's a poor analogy to bring into this conversation in general (jaws).

Replacing Jaws was about replacing a single attraction - not changing the architecture of an entire quadrant of the park and many attractions and sight lines around it.

Jaws was replaced because it was problematic to operate and long in the tooth for modern expectations. It was grand in scale and practical elements - but like Kong was as well, seen as a reasonable sacrifice for what would replace it.

celluloid

Jaws was also not the main waterway in an area spanning 2 "lands" either.... They did not fill in the central lagoon to add Harry Potter... Just this one attraction....
And Amity, as much as my nerd heart loved seeing it, was really just hot dogs, uninteresting stores snd a way to get carnival games in the park from the early days.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ive been going over this attraction in my brain and I've been wondering what kind of "track" they are using. It's an AGV so it needs to be following a path whether that is reflectors, magnetic tape, RFID, in ground wire guidance or digital via SLAM.

Would Disney use GPS positioning for their attractions?
Only at their own peril.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Frontier airlines mainly flies out west to Colorado, California, etc.

Frontierland is just about time and place as much as it about geography.

If we are solely talking about the environment switch over from roa to piston peak then it 100 percent matches the theme.

As far as modern cars racing thru a national forest that’s up for debate.
Star Trek has entered the chat...
1725907276784.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

At the end of the day, I’m not sure if Galaxies Edge was worth losing Osbourne Lights for. (In theory rise would have still been built, near Star Tours).

So anyone saying “it will be worth it” …. Eh we will see.

MickeyLuv'r

Yet Universal is still selling Jaws merchandise like crazy. This summer's temp shop featured a good deal of Jaws merchandise. Jaws merch is sold all over Universal and beyond. They were selling Jaws Spirit Jerseys and Jaws Lounge Fly bags.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yet Universal is still selling Jaws merchandise like crazy. This summer's temp shop featured a good deal of Jaws merchandise. Jaws merch is sold all over Universal and beyond. They were selling Jaws Spirit Jerseys and Jaws Lounge Fly bags.
Pretty sure Mammoth Club Molly lives for that stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom