News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwfan4ver

I just felt like the Magic Kingdom was stagnant for so long under Eisner. It was terrible.
Magic Kingdom wasn't as stagnant as you claim. Spectro Magic opened as a night time parade under Eisner.

Tiki Room was changed to Enchanted Tiki Room under new Management. Alien Counter opened under Eisner. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin opened under Eisner. Mickey's Toon Town Fair opened under Eisner. That land was first known as Mickey's Birthdayland and was opened under Eisner. Before Eisner created that land, it was unused land.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin opened under Eisner. Mickey's Philharmagic opened under Eisner also. Before that show opened, Legend of the Lion was previous show and was opened under Eisner.

My point is Eisner new lands and new attractions, but it seemed liked you didn't like what he opened. The 20,000 leagues under the sea closed and not replacing it was indeed a big screw up.

Rich Brownn

The only thing that could even be considered divisive would the the current president's speach portion....which they could easily cut and maintain the rest of the show ending with the presidential Roll Call... It is a beautiful and inspiring attraction...One I sincerely hope they will not add the Muppets to... And I like the Muppets... Just as I would prefer Snow White not be added to the Tower Of Terror, or Donald Duck to Spaceship Earth.
Biden doesn't give a speech just the oath of office, which how it was originally

Schmidt

Magic Kingdom wasn't as stagnant as you claim. Spectro Magic opened as a night time parade under Eisner.

Tiki Room was changed to Enchanted Tiki Room under new Management. Alien Counter opened under Eisner. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin opened under Eisner. Mickey's Toon Town Fair opened under Eisner. That land was first known as Mickey's Birthdayland and was opened under Eisner. Before Eisner created that land, it was unused land.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin opened under Eisner. Mickey's Philharmagic opened under Eisner also. Before that show opened, Legend of the Lion was previous show and was opened under Eisner.

My point is Eisner new lands and new attractions, but it seemed liked you didn't like what he opened. The 20,000 leagues under the sea closed and not replacing it was indeed a big screw up.
I was a young kid back then, everything you mentioned were small scale projects. Those weren’t D or E level type rides. Those were mostly B-C tickets from a budget point of view.

Schmidt

I was a young kid back then, everything you mentioned were small scale projects. Those weren’t D or E level type rides. Those were mostly B-C tickets from a budget point of view.

SpectroMagic and Wishes were
I did say rides. SpectroMagic / Wishes were really good; however shows and rides are not the same thing. They are also not E ticket rides or even have similar budgets. You are stretching sir. Again.

LazerLuke993

That would be incredible. Maybe they could do something like this on a smaller scale if they bring laugh floor over. The queue could somehow intercept with the door coaster as both take you though the factory.
I actually had a similar idea where you enter The Monsters Inc factory lobby, pass Celia at her desk & choose your attraction, head left for The “Factory Tour” coaster or right for The Laugh Floor Comedy Club where you can help power the monster world with your laughter!

UNCgolf

Magic Kingdom didn't really need new attractions at the time, especially since Disney built two new theme parks, two water parks, and most of the hotels on property. And, as you mentioned, Splash Mountain was built under Eisner, plus there was the Tomorrowland overhaul.

They also did a ton of work at EPCOT... it just mostly wasn't for the best and was worse than what it replaced, unfortunately.

Last edited:

celluloid

I just felt like the Magic Kingdom was stagnant for so long under Eisner. It was terrible. Yes we got Epcot but even that felt underdeveloped under Eisner. People like to think that he was good to the parks but I don’t quite remember it that way.

I’ll give him Splash Mountain but that it for MK.
He headed the only version of Tomorrowland that has ever been cohesive and successful at MK in that time. Plus, as mentioned, there was no shortage of things going on throughout the resort as it expanded.

The guy overhauled the Onsite Hotels that existed into attractions themselves and produced the Grand Floridian.

Resort wide, too many things to mention.

AidenRodriguez731

I would only accept this if they had a long term plan for the muppets somewhere else. Tbh I could see muppet labs being right at home in a revamped Tomorrowland.
Actually now that I think about it, could they move over Laugh Floor and replace with Muppet Vision? I believe its a somewhat similar space, more so than some of the other theaters ive heard.

ToTBellHop

Actually now that I think about it, could they move over Laugh Floor and replace with Muppet Vision? I believe its a somewhat similar space, more so than some of the other theaters ive heard.
Could they move it? Yeah.

But they won’t.

The last thing we need is two (technically three) empty theaters at the entrance of Tomorrowland. That’s one abandoned building short of the World of Wall-E.

AidenRodriguez731

Could they move it? Yeah.

But they won’t.

The last thing we need is two (technically three) empty theaters at the entrance of Tomorrowland. That’s one abandoned building short of the World of Wall-E.
I'm living in an idealized reality. Over the last while, I feel like Tomorrowland has become very easy to fix and add to. Probably genuinely one of the easiest lands save for Fantasyland.

celluloid

For the cost to move a theatrical show and get something less out of it, a budget can refresh to produce a much better version of the current show in its current theme park location. And you get a much better show out of where your dollars and other resources go.

If an attraction is moving anything more than a film, it has goals of being better/updated to be worth keeping.

Sneaky

He headed the only version of Tomorrowland that has ever been cohesive and successful at MK in that time. Plus, as mentioned, there was no shortage of things going on throughout the resort as it expanded.

The guy overhauled the Onsite Hotels that existed into attractions themselves and produced the Grand Floridian.

Resort wide, too many things to mention.

Good thing for the on-site hotels. He changed the game. He also greatly modernized downtown Disney and made it better for guests of the time, with the pleasure island/general district overhaul. Quite a bit of it may not be there anymore, but he got the ball rolling for the springs to become what it is today. He also added blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. He was one of the many important people who helped to transform wdw into the powerhouse and massive scale resort that we know and love today. I do know he DEFINITELY wasn’t perfect. Disneyland CA did kinda get screwed in its similar attempt at a “transformation” at the end of his tenure, and I’m sorry for that. They have mostly been trying to revert his mistakes there for the past 20-something years imo. Hopefully, with Disneyland forward, the second shot at it turns out better.

And I miss the tommorrowland 94. Best Tomorrowland ever.

akileese

The soul of old DHS/MGM studios died with GMR. The “heart” of DHS as a park is completely different now. IMO, MGM studios completely enters the realm of the past when twilight zone theme leaves TOT, even if star tours, Indy, and muppets stick around after.

I do hope muppets survives monsters, but a sad sort of realization that I had is that it’s probably in the latter stages of its life regardless. Grand avenue does need a refurb, and there isn’t much space to keep muppets for adding a new attraction, unless they close star tours which I doubt they do until SWGE gets an expansion. add on its age and lack of LL, MV3D is probably eventually on its way out. Hopefully the muppets get a new permanent attraction elsewhere.

Your 2nd point about a GE expansion is why I believe Monsteropolis doesn't go there. I actually don't think they can Star Tours at all. I think they find a way to retool the area during a GE expansion to make the ride vehicle fit somehow. Maybe it's not Star Tours anymore, but something else. MV3D is not long for this world. If it survives anymore than 5 years I'd be absolutely shocked, but I don't think this one is it.

Sneaky

Your 2nd point about a GE expansion is why I believe Monsteropolis doesn't go there. I actually don't think they can Star Tours at all. I think they find a way to retool the area during a GE expansion to make the ride vehicle fit somehow. Maybe it's not Star Tours anymore, but something else. MV3D is not long for this world. If it survives anymore than 5 years I'd be absolutely shocked, but I don't think this one is it.
I mean it seems tailor made for something marvel, especially with the potential to use MV3D as a show building for web slingers like they did with bugs, but they can’t in Florida. And with such little space between both places, and they can’t just demolish two restaurants like melrose and Rizzo, and potentially backlot express, would be bad for the park. What other ip could they put there.

Sneaky

Probably just another Star Wars thing. And while people say “keep muppetvision! It’s Jim’s last project!” I raise you this: I want it to happen, and think that could save it at most parks , even at some of the “no sacred cows” Disney world , but this is DISNEYS HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS, where all park nostalgia comes to die. We gotta look towards the future. Yes, it’ll suck to lose the original crew for the modern one, but smaller attractions, especially screen based ones, don’t really get the “gets to last forever” treatment anymore. I personally think the muppets have the stuff to live on at wdw in a new form, as they can do ANYTHING. magic kingdom is a good landing spot for our felty friends imo. Unfortunate as it is, Muppetvision just has too many external circumstances against it.

LSLS

Assuming a GE expansion is even a consideration. It's already like 14 acres, and I'm not sure it moved the needle nearly as much as they expected/hoped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom