Any Epcot purists cave into Cosmic Rewind yet?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO there is no such thing as an Epcot Purist. We have a prototype that was never realized. A sponsor funded stand in that slowly crumbled over time as whatever "edutainment" was suppose to be since the refresh cycle never kept up with progress. Finally now we have attractions, intellectual properties, and some good rotational food spots... a nice framework that can be themed seasonally.

NickMaio

Not a purist and I still wish it had more of that EPCOT-of-old edutainment magic. The big bang, time travel conceit is weak. It's just a fun, loosely-themed coaster with music. I can't wrap my brain around the cost or why it's in Epcot.
Me too
I loved the edutainment aspect of Epcot.
It's what made Epcot so special to me and my family.

Horizons 2.0 anyone........

Although, we adore Gotg. I just wish we could ride it more throughout the day.
VQ is such a cash grab scam. WDW should be ashamed.

TrainsOfDisney

It was ok - I like Everest better as a coaster. Not sure what they spent so much money on or why. Having a really tall indoor coaster is a cool idea - but they never really show it off.

C33Mom

I was angry about Frozen (set in a fake land) replacing Maelstrom…but after a couple years I decided to enjoy the parts of the park I love without wishing it could be something it wasn’t/isn’t. By the time Cosmic Rewind arrived, I was able to embrace it as a fun coaster the whole family enjoys together. Definitely our favorite Disney coaster worldwide.

bwr827

To be honest, I liked Cosmic Rewind more in the beginning than I do now.

I long for the old EPCOT even more and believe something like this should be at Hollywood Studios and not at EPCOT.
While I know it’s not what you mean, I can’t help interpreting these sorts of comments as:

“This ride is too fun and exciting — put it in Hollywood Studios.”

Serious question: is there a place at “True Epcot” for any coaster?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
While I know it’s not what you mean, I can’t help interpreting these sorts of comments as:

I beg the question is there even the need for a "True Epcot" an idea that was never realized ?

Chef Mickey

No.

It's the wrong location and that matters to me. It's also not the most amazing thing to ever be put in a theme park. It's a solid indoor rollercoaster with a somewhat lazy theme.

McMickeyWorld

I consider myself an EPCOT purist but a bit more open to certain things. I definitely prefer it to Nemo or Frozen, and I think I prefer it in that part of the park over other proposed options like the Matterhorn or Mount Fuji. Additionally, I believe it brings the same value as Frozen in Norway, and possibly the Fuji coaster would be offensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom