Pirates of the Caribbean vs Space Mountain

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
EQIQLzmX0AEtx6k

space-mountain-00.jpg

Goofyernmost

Nothing they ever could do to SM to make it surpass PotC. PotC has soooo many elements to it to make it stand far above SM. It actually surprises me that SM got ( at this point) 3 votes.
It gets however many votes because like most of the comparison posts, there is nothing to compare. It boils down to number one, who likes in the dark coasters and number two, who likes highly detailed dark rides. That is the only thing that is comparable. I suppose it could be also that it is such a rough riding coaster that even coaster enthusiasts might prefer Pirates.

Mr. Sullivan

If this is MK's Pirates vs. MK Space Mountain then without question Space Mountain winds. If this is DL's Pirates vs. MK's Space, then Pirates. Honestly it'd win over DL's Space as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I prefer Japan's for obvious reasons ;)
Because it’s in Japanese ? 😁

In all seriousness I’m torn between that and DL for second. Yes, Tokyo removes the constrictions Anaheim has but I enjoy the transition passage. Plus Tokyo has just one drop - but the upkeep is exemplary. But I can understand the opinion that Tokyo fixed Anaheim’s perceived shortcomings.

WDWmazprty

Pirates is my all tIme favorite attraction in MK. Space Mountain is definitely one of the OG's, and right up there with Pirates and a few other attractions that are just classic. Pirates though, for me, is the most nostalgic of all the MK rides and creates that world of adventure on the high seas, treasure, damsels, etc.
I always wanna be a pirate every time I go on that ride and kind of wanna stay for a bit and explore the town, talk to Jack, maybe play a little chess with the skeletons in the cell....🏴‍☠️ 😆 Anyone else know what I mean? 🤪😄😄😄

Glasgow

POTC must have some of the best (or the best) theming of any attraction in the world. Disney is more famous for dark rides .. ergo, POTC must win. However, I give SM credit for the fact that it is still standing and it also gets the best experience per mph award.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom