Should Disney create theme park attractions based on the Simpsons when they are legally allowed to do so after the Universal deal expires?

Should Disney create theme park attractions based on the Simpsons once they are legally allowed to?

• Total voters

wdwfan4ver

No. There are 3 reasons why not.

1.) I don't think Simpsons land can be done better than Universal has currently.
2.) Simpsons as an IP does not fit in Disney.
3.) Concern with long term popularity with the IP from theme park standpoint due to Simpsons tv show been on the decline for a very long time already.

JIMINYCR

Although the Simpson have a huge following and are popular, much of the content theyve run over the years is too over the top to add them into a Disney park. Even if it was just watered down , what they come with and how they are seen just isn’t Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Although the Simpson have a huge following and are popular, much of the content theyve run over the years is too over the top to add them into a Disney park. Even if it was just watered down , what they come with and how they are seen just isn’t Disney.
Ironic that it’s almost the only thing they got from Fox that’s in D+😂

Chef Mickey

The Simpsons are more tame than some of their latest box office releases.

SpectreJordan

The Simpsons is my favorite show of all-time, but I don't feel it fits in the Disney parks.

The IPs that are in the Disney parks all either have a sense of magic, wonder or thrill to them. Purchased IPs like Star Wars, Marvel & Indiana Jones fit this; even outside IPs like Twilight Zone fit this. But I don't think The Simpsons has this, it's just a family sitcom in a small town. It's a REALLY good sitcom (...or it was), but it would stick out like a sore thumb in the Disney parks.

LittleBuford

The Simpsons are more tame than some of their latest box office releases.
As a huge Simpsons fan and someone who’s actually watched Disney’s latest releases, I can confidently say this isn’t true.

As for the question posed by the OP, I would answer no. I love both Disney and The Simpsons, and there have been some fun crossovers on Disney+, but anything at the parks would be tonally inappropriate.

Fox&Hound

No no no no no no no no…(cough)…no.. no! It just does not fit. I hope I never see the day they would bring Simpsons to the park. They have so many classic and newer properties they could utilize instead (101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Lilo and Stitch, Encanto, Sleeping Beauty, Up, etc)

ohioguy

Of course they should exploit The Simpsons IP. It is a popular franchise, and has consistently made the top 10 or 20 television programs any given year. Their own land at the Studios is a must.

Chef Mickey

As a huge Simpsons fan and someone who’s actually watched Disney’s latest releases, I can confidently say this isn’t true.

As for the question posed by the OP, I would answer no. I love both Disney and The Simpsons, and there have been some fun crossovers on Disney+, but anything at the parks would be tonally inappropriate.
Matter of opinion, but obviously Disney isn’t afraid of questionable undertones.

Chef Mickey

Yes but you don’t see Disney adding anything related to those in the parks either. They are going to be mindful of what parents are accepting that’s being delivered to their kids.
Disney hasn’t been particularly mindful of their target audience for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom