News Poor Air Quality at Walt Disney World - October 3 2023

The Mom

Premium Member
It's hilarious how bad air quality is somehow more "concerning" or more of an issue in Florida. 🙄😂
It becomes more of an issue in a state where tourists come specially to spend time outdoors, and residents can finally do the same now that the crazy heat of summer is over. We are having what is locally referred to as Chamber of Commerce weather - current temp 77F rising to 80s. Warm enough for the beach, but not too hot for walking around.

Having poor air quality is more of an issue right now. Just as poor air quality in the NE was more of an issue for them in June. I don't recall Floridians belittling their concerns, but maybe I missed it.

Lilofan

It becomes more of an issue in a state where tourists come specially to spend time outdoors, and residents can finally do the same now that the crazy heat of summer is over. We are having what is locally referred to as Chamber of Commerce weather - current temp 77F rising to 80s. Warm enough for the beach, but not too hot for walking around.

Having poor air quality is more of an issue right now. Just as poor air quality in the NE was more of an issue for them in June. I don't recall Floridians belittling their concerns, but maybe I missed it.
I would think the poor air quality and the huge senior citizen population of FL , some getting not so fresh air is not a good combo.

Fido Chuckwagon

Also, the air quality **was** a huge deal in the Northeast. People who are downplaying it are not accurately describing how bad it was for us up here. I hope it clears up quickly (not least of all because I'm flying to Orlando on Saturday).

Fido Chuckwagon

It looks like the AQI for Lake Buena Vista right now is 71. Source: airnow.gov. If so, that's a huge improvement over yesterday, and hopefully a sign that the worst is behind you. In my area of NY it got up over 400 one day in the early summer during the worst of it.

Ayla

Floridians didn't give a crap because it wasn't affecting them. Now it is, so it is suddenly a big deal to them.

DisneyDebRob

Most New Yorkers don't care when Florida gets hit by a hurricane either. People tend not to care about things very much when it isn't affecting them. This is not a phenomenon which is limited to Floridians.
I think most concerned people care about others going through hurricanes, tornadoes..etc. Do they care as much as people actually living it? Nope. I care when people get nasty storms in Florida just as I’m sure some care when we up north get hit with nasty Nor’Easter’s. But with all people it doesn’t affect them as much as actually going through it.

JoeCamel

Most New Yorkers don't care when Florida gets hit by a hurricane either. People tend not to care about things very much when it isn't affecting them. This is not a phenomenon which is limited to Floridians.
Yeah, that's why Florida punts one up their way every so often, keeps them on their best behavior.....

Figments Friend

Calling it now that Disney will now sell canned air in the parks to sniff out of...
spaceballs-air.gif

If that happens, we all need to salute Mr. Iger just like they do for President Skroob !

😇

-

some other guy

I was biking through it to work through it and I didn't die or anything but yeah, I def noticed the extra smoke in my lungs compared to my usual stock

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's hilarious how bad air quality is somehow more "concerning" or more of an issue in Florida. 🙄😂

Because fur people with asthma or other respiratory diseases, it's a bad thing.

It was VERY hazy on Tuesday. To the point someone without allergies or asthma was suffering.

The pictures from Fort Myers were bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom