News Poor Air Quality at Walt Disney World - October 3 2023

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
All over central florida, not just Disney. It's bad in Windermere and Winter Garden, and only MILDLY better in Downtown Orlando, but still not good.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
FLZ151-251-041500-
Coastal Hillsborough-Inland Hillsborough-
Including the cities of Tampa, Apollo Beach, Westchase, Brandon,
Plant City, and Sun City Center
1051 AM EDT Tue Oct 3 2023

...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT...

The Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County has
issued an Air Pollution Advisory due to elevated levels of fine
particulates until midnight EDT tonight.

Members of sensitive groups may experience adverse health effects.
The general public is not likely to be affected.

For more information, please contact:
The Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County at

StarWarsGirl

blame-canada-south-park.gif

BuddyThomas

I do not think anything could compare to that week. I saw readings in the 400 range compounded by our summer dose of ozone. The last week in June was almost as bad.

WDW is much further from the Canadian boarder. This is concerning.
Very concerning, for sure.

Ayla

I do not think anything could compare to that week. I saw readings in the 400 range compounded by our summer dose of ozone. The last week in June was almost as bad.

WDW is much further from the Canadian boarder. This is concerning.
Why is it concerning?

Aries1975

Why is it concerning?
The particulate matter readings more than 1000 miles from the source have been deemed unhealthy.

The human lungs are not designed to filter particulate matter. Generally, once something goes in, it does not come out. The source of the particles is unimportant: tobacco smoke, coal dust, baby powder, asbestos, or wildfire smoke. It is all bad.

jeanericuser001

This reminds me of the wild fires near orlando but those at least you got a good bbq smell. This is just canada passing wind and leaving us with a nasty brown mess to deal with.

Ayla

The particulate matter readings more than 1000 miles from the source have been deemed unhealthy.

The human lungs are not designed to filter particulate matter. Generally, once something goes in, it does not come out. The source of the particles is unimportant: tobacco smoke, coal dust, baby powder, asbestos, or wildfire smoke. It is all bad.
Yeah, most of the northern half of the country dealt with the same or worse all summer. If you're healthy and limit time outdoors, it isn't a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom