News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
WDW doesn’t need a 5th gate.

Animal Kingdom: add one top tier attraction to counterbalance Flight of Passage, and one mid-tier to make it a full day

Hollywood: add two mid-tiers to eat people and counterbalance the thrill rides

Magic Kingdom: add one top tier, one mid, one show

Epcot: I don’t even know where to begin; add things to World Showcase

What’s the recurring theme? Add stuff!
Animal kingdom needs more than that and a decent night show that can perform multiple times due to space

Sneaky

Attachments

• IMG_2780.jpeg
    IMG_2780.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 27

Sneaky

And the fact that the rumor mill has been so dry this year makes me think they have something they are holding close to their chest which makes me think they are really doing something. I mean sure there is Moana and tropical America’s, but everything else is all speculation. I am not a crackpot

Sneaky

This is more of an OLC announcement than a Disney announcement
I just am saying stuff like the autopia electrization, the olc stuff with buzz and the cruise ship, the little mermaid announcement, all are stuff they would use as filler in usual d23’s for parks, yet they are coming out now.

peter11435

I just am saying stuff like the autopia electrization, the olc stuff with buzz and the cruise ship, the little mermaid announcement, all are stuff they would use as filler in usual d23’s for parks, yet they are coming out now.
And all I’m saying is that they don’t usually make Tokyo/OLC announcements at D23

Bocabear

Animal kingdom needs more than that and a decent night show that can perform multiple times due to space
I agree....and the very last thing that the WDW Resort needs right now is a 5th gate...All of their parks except maybe the Magic Kingdom are in desperate need of more attractions. EPCOT needs an attraction in every country pavilion...and then a few more in World Future-nature-bration or whatever it is called...there should be no shuttered pavilions or closed attractions...It is such a shame to see what a mess that amazing park has become. flex space.... lol

CosmicDuck

Animal Kingdom:
Indiana Jones Adventure, Encanto dark ride, Central American animals throughout the land Tropical America’s replacing Dinoland AND a Lion King ride for Africa, Zootopia show replacing “It’s tough to be a bug,” and a new night show with more fountains and drones.

Magic Kingdom:
Site work is to begin shortly for what amounts to a Frontierland expansion and more distantly, a new Villains Land the size of Galaxy’s Edge. Additionally, the Moana boat ride originally slated for Animal Kingdom will go in Adventureland between Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Tomorrowland Speedway will be different. Big Thunder Mountain receives an update. Stitch might not be in its current state for much longer, but it probably will not be announced at this D23. New Night Parade is pretty much a lock at this point.

Epcot:
Test Track redo opens summer of 2025, The Spaceship Earth update will likely be announced and will start once Test Track comes back online. I’d expect to hear one more announcement for EPCOT. Keep a close eye on the Figment project on Disney Plus. I've heard Inside Out will find someplace to go at EPCOT, but remember, some of these projects aren't as far along as others.

Hollywood Studios:
New land to replace Launch Bay. Rock n’ Rollercoaster retheme as well. Falcon mission update at HWS and DL.

Disneyland Resort:
New, unique Avatar land using the Shanghai Pirates boat technology at DLR. PeopleMover comes back in a new way at Disneyland Park alongside significant modifications to the land. Hollywoodland will go away. A Disney Springs-esque shopping district will likely be officially announced alongside plans for a new transit configuration for the resort. The Avenger’s E-ticket gets an actual announcement.

Walt Disney Studios:
Gets its own Avatar land and a Lion King land. Other misc. project in the existing part of the park.

Disneyland Parc Paris:
A larger than Soarin’ sum, so perhaps Soarin’/Soaring 2.0, Indiana Jones Adventure, or even a new version of Rise of the Resistance. I’d fully expect either a new land or two new rides including an E-ticket in total. Space Mountain will be back at DLP!

Shanghai Disneyland:
New Marvel Land, Toy Story Mania as well.

Hong Kong Disneyland:
Will get an E-ticket in Tomorrowland still, but I doubt they'll mention it at D23.

Plans can still change, but a lot of this should be announced by or at D23, some of this is long-term, though, and will not be included. Edited for clarity.
Mystic you're not getting nearly enough credit for how comprehensively you nailed almost all of this

tpoly88

I agree....and the very last thing that the WDW Resort needs right now is a 5th gate...All of their parks except maybe the Magic Kingdom are in desperate need of more attractions. EPCOT needs an attraction in every country pavilion...and then a few more in World Future-nature-bration or whatever it is called...there should be no shuttered pavilions or closed attractions...It is such a shame to see what a mess that amazing park has become. flex space.... lol
Agree. Epcot is my favorite park!

tpoly88

Agree Epcot is my favorite but there is room for more attractions

EPCOT is my favorite Park followed By Magic Kingdom; Epcot needs to add more. It is a cool concept with enough room to grow and expand. Mayne they just have to use their Imagination, Right Figment

doctornick

EPCOT is my favorite Park followed By Magic Kingdom; Epcot needs to add more. It is a cool concept with enough room to grow and expand. Mayne they just have to use their Imagination, Right Figment

Honestly, I think that Epcot would benefit from some smaller scale additions - just putting some dark rides in WS pavilions would help to spread out the "things to do" in what is a very large park.

Of course, putting something in the old WoL space as well as making Imagination something good again would also be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom