Trip Report Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning…. A two week trip report! COMPLETED!

It’s been almost a month since we left, and so much has happened since then… a most wonderful trip filled with crazy open to close park days and days full of relaxing…. Travel back with me to Sunday, August 13th~ our departure day.
Who? Me (Stephanie), hubby Scott, daughter Cassidy 9 and daughter Chelsea 6.

Our goal was to leave by 9am. The car was packed up and we were headed out of south Jersey by about 9:15, respectively. It’s crazy when you’re packing for a trip (especially a 2 week trip) to Disney. There’s so many things we didn’t want to forget…. So many last minute lists. Alas, we had everything and were ready and excited to spend the next 2 weeks together. We had reservations at a Fairfield Inn in Hardeeville, South Carolina - roughly 10.5 hours from home. Our goal was to drive as much as we could on Sunday and then finish up the ride on Monday. We hit a bit of traffic in Maryland (after D.C. surprisingly). Set us back an hour, but no biggie. Kids were happy on their devices and we had lunch literally on the road as I got a hoagie for us to eat. We got to Hardeeville about 9pm, had a couple beers after the kids went to bed and then called it night.
IMG_7262.jpeg
5702156E-0BAC-4823-A47F-479FEB0B4A24.jpeg
61C7E4F3-16E7-4B76-9BF8-11B56FA26127.jpeg

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We woke up, had breakfast and headed out. We had about 4.5 hours until we reached our destination: Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas. We got to the resort about 1-2pm and checked in without an issue. Early checkin is always a plus. We had lots to unpack and we had a Walmart pickup to go grab afterwards. We wanted to get settled in and unpacked and relax at the pool and that‘s exactly what we did. We had a 3 floor room (top floor), no elevator. It was worth the steps bc no one was above us making noise and we had vaulted ceilings and skylights. It was gorgeous. The villa did not disappoint at all.
98D8B3D3-1315-46F3-B404-5E02FFE18A46.jpeg
1AB1D729-877F-492C-B74F-3B5AA3469C2E.jpeg

We had to make the obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s! (That statue is like iron and hot as h$ll in the florida sun!)

IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7279.jpeg
IMG_7280.jpeg
IMG_7283.jpeg
IMG_7284.jpeg
IMG_7293.jpeg
IMG_7295.jpeg

Last edited:

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Official first park day (of many): Epcot~ Tuesday 8/15

We got up early, secured our virtual queue for GotG and our lightening lane for Ratatouille (1pm) and headed out to the park. We were disappointed to still so many walls up still, but we maneuvered around the, just fine. There was lots going on with them and you could tell that whatever they’re doing is going to look amazing. Looking forward to when the walls are down. We drove in and started in the front of the park. Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Figment and Soarin’. It was a great morning.
IMG_7303.jpeg
IMG_7304.jpeg
IMG_7305.jpeg
IMG_7307.jpeg
IMG_7310.jpeg
IMG_7311.jpeg
IMG_7312.jpeg
IMG_7315.jpeg
IMG_7317.jpeg

I love that I was able to sit with hubby. It’s been a while since I have been able to!
IMG_7319.jpeg

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
IMG_7347.jpeg

Here‘s Bruce! 😆
IMG_7350.jpeg
IMG_7352.jpeg

We did the Remy search around the World Showcase. I really like the lenticular cups we got last year…. This year it was lunchboxes…. I liked the cups better.
IMG_7364.jpeg
IMG_7365.jpeg
IMG_7367.jpeg
IMG_7369.jpeg

Ratatouille is sooooo good. I love everything about it. The music is my favorite…. I will say that I’m a little sore that Impressions de France was not running throughout the day. That is hands down one of my top 3 favorite shows in all of Disney and was very disappointed it wasn’t playing. 😔
IMG_7370.jpeg
IMG_7371.jpeg

We hit up the ice cream shop on the corner on the way out of France.
IMG_7374.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom