News Test Track to be reimagined

FigmentFan82

What’s the budget for this update. That should probably give us an indication of how intricate the updates will be or lack thereof.
Dr Evil One Million GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Moth

What’s the budget for this update. That should probably give us an indication of how intricate the updates will be or lack thereof.
People were parroting $100 million.

But I don't think that's going entirely towards the ride itself, I think the ride vehicles need general upkeep/updates since I think they're reaching the end of their expected lifespan? So it might be going all-in to keep Test Track well, on TRACK for the next two decades.

Jumping Fountains

The only explanation I can think of for this is that you maybe watched the Futureport recreation? Other than that I have no idea where you got this from.

I’m on my 40s and certainly experienced this as a child, though it has weirdly been kind of lost in my memory. I absolutely love the old attractions of EPCOT and would still be paying admission for them, as is, if they existed. Truly all-ages accessible, a bit whimsical, and transoportive. I think you’re either an old EPCOT/edutainment type or you’re not and there’s really no kind of way to convey the value of that vision of theme park experiences if it doesn’t resonate with you. I realize this is kind of a non sequitur post - just watching some of that World of Motion ride-through brought up the thoughts!

Last edited:

Jumping Fountains

As someone who visited Epcot for the first time in the 2000, I was bored. World Showcase was mainly shopping, documentaries and at the time 2 rides. Future World leaned too heavily into the education side so much that we went on Ellen's Energy Adventure, walked through the chaos of Innoventions expecting a ride then went straight to World Showcase before eventually seeing Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It wasn't until the addition of Nemo that we went to the Seas pavilion, and that encouraged us to look at the other pavilions in Future World. It was the injection of IP that actually made it worth visiting these areas of the park, especially now for my family who regularly skip Small World, Figment and Tom Sawyer Island for being too boring
This is a great representation of how many people would have experienced EPCOT. I do think there were enough people who enjoyed what is described (not bored) to not abandon the concept and keep the theme intact. I know my family ended up spending more time in EPCOT once we were, say, over 10. I think of WDW as a portfolio of properties and that each one doesn’t have to appeal equally to visitors. But I’m also not the business owner! ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This is a great representation of how many people would have experienced EPCOT. I do think there were enough people who enjoyed what is described (not bored) to not abandon the concept and keep the theme intact. I know my family ended up spending more time in EPCOT once we were, say, over 10. I think of WDW as a portfolio of properties and that each one doesn’t have to appeal equally to visitors. But I’m also not the business owner! ;)

I think attendance for EPCOT Center was good every year and still beat MGM and DAK (obviously that was after the "Center" part was dropped) and I don't think they were all going to World Showcase. Someone else who has the statistics can chime in as I don't have them on hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom