News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Slightly off topic but DL has new version of the Bear portraits in their CBMJ outfits for their new Musical Jamboree BBQ. I wonder why we didn't get these in our queue. They look neat.
460637299_876101181336706_3702893932656229912_n.jpg
461239158_1064253011947034_8009081305475349357_n.jpg

zipadee999

Slightly off topic but DL has new version of the Bear portraits in their CBMJ outfits for their new Musical Jamboree BBQ. I wonder why we didn't get these in our queue. They look neat.
View attachment 818383View attachment 818384
Those look like the old Marc Davis portraits painted over with the new costumes. If I had to bet I’d say they really wanted to do this in our lobby, but held off to leave a small portion of the original show intact to appease us fans due to our version of the show being the original and the lobby portraits being famous Marc Davis pieces.

Still cool to see the bears pictured at least at DL. I wasn’t sure how far this refurb would go. I was half expecting them to put ‘Big Al’s Smoked Brisket’ on the menu and play some CBJ recordings on the radio and call it good.

Mike S

Experienced the show for a second time yesterday and I’ll just say this: I’d be far more tempted to buy an album featuring full versions of these cover songs over “A Whole New Sound.” I’m really starting to like the energy the country artists gave these songs even more than before. Bear Necessities continues to be a perfect closer for the show.

C33Mom

Made it on the new Zootopia ride in Shanghai last week, at one point you ride through a room with the gazelle (?) singing Try Everything, and I was pleasantly reminded of the Trixie slideshow (which I find very charming and on-bear-brand, as someone who grew up with the Vacation Hoedown at DLR). I know it’s not especially popular on this board, but my children loved Try Everything in the new version of the show and I really like the message (which is a variation on the class Disney theme of believing in your dreams).

Mike S

Made it on the new Zootopia ride in Shanghai last week, at one point you ride through a room with the gazelle (?) singing Try Everything, and I was pleasantly reminded of the Trixie slideshow (which I find very charming and on-bear-brand, as someone who grew up with the Vacation Hoedown at DLR). I know it’s not especially popular on this board, but my children loved Try Everything in the new version of the show and I really like the message (which is a variation on the class Disney theme of believing in your dreams).
I like this version more than the original. The original didn’t do much for me.

Mike S

So I did buy the album as a man of my word and I did enjoy it but I have 3 complaints:

1. For some reason “Fixer Upper” is purely instrumental. This is one of my most liked song selections from the show purely because they went for a song that would fit the show better rather than using a song for its own popularity.

2. No full version of Big Al doing “Remember Me.”

3. This one is a little more subjective but I would’ve liked if the album included all the speaking parts to almost make it feel like a live show recording. As it stands the album only lasts 19 minutes so I would’ve liked that inclusion personally.

C33Mom

So I did buy the album as a man of my word and I did enjoy it but I have 3 complaints:

1. For some reason “Fixer Upper” is purely instrumental. This is one of my most liked song selections from the show purely because they went for a song that would fit the show better rather than using a song for its own popularity.

2. No full version of Big Al doing “Remember Me.”

3. This one is a little more subjective but I would’ve liked if the album included all the speaking parts to almost make it feel like a live show recording. As it stands the album only lasts 19 minutes so I would’ve liked that inclusion personally.
We listened to the album release before we could get to FL to see it live and we were THRILLED by the surprise of Fixer Upper having lyrics in the show— but I agree it should be on the recording.

Casper Gutman

Experienced the show for a second time yesterday and I’ll just say this: I’d be far more tempted to buy an album featuring full versions of these cover songs over “A Whole New Sound.” I’m really starting to like the energy the country artists gave these songs even more than before. Bear Necessities continues to be a perfect closer for the show.
Bare Necessities is a great song but it’s terribly misused as the closing number - it has absolutely none of the energy of its predecessor. It’s very intentionally laid back and relaxed. It was stuck in that spot because it’s the most recognizable song from a Disney film IP that mentions “bears.” No more thought was given to it .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom