News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Bears are still getting big crowds. Makes me feel good.

Either that photo is from a reporter, or Tom's finally seeing the Country Bear Musical Jamboree... can't wait to see his honest review 👀
(IIRC He's seen videos and photos but has yet to experience it in person, which is why he hasn't done a review yet- he wants to experience it the way it was meant to be experienced before forming a final opinion, but from what he's seen, he does think it looks great)
Unfortunately. Like I was told back when it leaked he was going away-
Update on this- I guess the (that site I work for but can't type here) reporters have been checking daily on Romeo, and have all been told he's "not ready yet", which seems like the vaguest way of responding. But it's not a "he's gone for good"?

1723935880268.png

Crazy how much of this lines up with CBMJ lmao

TheMaxRebo

Saw the show this past weekend and really enjoyed it the bears looked and moved great. Songs for the most part are fun and they make them work pretty well. Would love more originals but is what it is

Was a pretty full house for 11pm and everyone was into it - though my son asked why everyone was applauding for them, as not like they can hear us.

Overall about as good as realistically could have been

KDM31091

I finally did the Bears in person today and I will take back some of my initial negativity. It's cute, it's fun, it's reasonably well done given the IP mandate. Do I feel like it was a necessary change, no. It's more of a fluff attraction now. But it could have been much, much worse. At least the IP from the songs represented do not appear alongside the Bears or anything. So I'd give it about a C+ at this point. Not great, won't do it every time, but somewhat fun.

Sneaky

with the talk of bears and its history and being core to wdw’s identity, it got me thinking, what do you all think are attractions core to wdw’s history and identity? And in this case I mean attractions you can only see at wdw

with the talk of bears and its history and being core to wdw’s identity, it got me thinking, what do you all think are attractions core to wdw’s history and identity? And in this case I mean attractions you can only see at wdw
My personal list of attractions that are significant to WDW's History and Identity-

Key
Unique to WDW
*Not unique to WDW
**Not originally unique to WDW, but now unique to it
***Set to be or rumored to be removed
****No longer at the park

Magic Kingdom
  • Walt Disney World Railroad*
  • Cinderella Castle*
  • Swan Boats****
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures****
  • Peter Pan's Flight*
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad*
  • Tom Sawyer Island***
  • The Liberty Belle***
  • The Haunted Mansion*
  • The Hall of Presidents
  • Pirates of the Caribbean*
  • Jungle Cruise*
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room*
  • Space Mountain*
  • The PeopleMover
  • Carousel of Progress**
Epcot
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Horizons****
  • Innoventions****
  • Journey into Imagination****
  • Test Track
  • Soarin'*
  • The American Adventure
Hollywood Studios
  • Studio Backlot Tour****
  • The Great Movie Ride****
  • The Magic of Disney Animation****
  • The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights****
  • Muppet*Vision 3D***
  • Star Tours*
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror*
  • Rock N' Rollercoaster
Animal Kingdom
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur***
  • Festival of the Lion King*
  • Flight of Passage

Having to type this out made me realize how little unique attractions WDW has. Lots of rides that were unique to it (Space Mountain, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, etc) have been cloned elsewhere, and lots of its attractions are clones from elsewhere too. It's also lost a LOT of unique attractions. This D23 has announced wholly original attractions for WDW, but at the cost of some of it's iconic and historic attractions. Very strange times for WDW.

cpthook7

Finally saw this last week and I was nervous going in given some of the mixed reviews online but I was pleasantly surprised! I didn’t know all of the songs but that was fine because it was just great to see a packed house and a shiny and updated version of the animatronics. Great to see Melvin, Buff and Max talking more again!

TheMaxRebo

There isn't a ton that is super core to WDW specifically as many of the attractions are at Disneyland (often the original version) or elsewhere

Mostly it would be things at EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. Plus Carousel of Progress (but that was moved there so could be moved elsewhere)

To me EPCOT is "Florida's park" - EPCOT (original plans) was the whole reason for the Florida project, so if there is thing that I think could never be changed it would be taking down Spaceship Earth (the ball itself, the inside can change)

There isn't a ton that is super core to WDW specifically as many of the attractions are at Disneyland (often the original version) or elsewhere

Mostly it would be things at EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. Plus Carousel of Progress (but that was moved there so could be moved elsewhere)

To me EPCOT is "Florida's park" - EPCOT (original plans) was the whole reason for the Florida project, so if there is thing that I think could never be changed it would be taking down Spaceship Earth (the ball itself, the inside can change)
It’s a shame most of the original Epcot is gone. In terms of opening day, it’s just Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land I think?

TheMaxRebo

It’s a shame most of the original Epcot is gone. In terms of opening day, it’s just Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land I think?

As far as attractions yeah. Seas weren't opening day but the aquarium is pretty close to original. Obviously the country pavilions are largely the same from a structure standpoint (albeit the content inside has changed a lot)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom