News Pickeball comes to Walt Disney World

Lilofan

I can’t wait to play cornhole with Goofy and Donald…
Who would ever dream except MGM Studios when professional wrestling cane to the park one day in the 1990s. The ring and grandstands were set up in front of the ticket booths and guests that day witnessed the fake sport.

Smiley/OCD

Who would ever dream except MGM Studios when professional wrestling cane to the park one day in the 1990s. The ring and grandstands were set up in front of the ticket booths and guests that day witnessed the fake sport.
It’s entertainment, it’s Hollywood…it fits right in…now if they film “Holey Moley” on the Fantasia mini golf course, THATS a problem…lol

erasure fan1

I don’t believe the pickleball and tennis courts aren’t in use because of the gator kill, but rather the decreasing physicality of the average American.
I've been playing tennis most of my life. In school, in leagues, recreational... And I'd say the tennis courts aren't used because, It's not all that popular a sport. I've been going to Florida, and Disney my entire life and I've never used their courts. If you're serious enough about tennis to play on vacation you need to bring your racquets. And then be willing, at least for a good chunk of the year, to play in central Florida. I did it once while at St Pete beach in highschool. Never again did I pick up a racquet on a Florida Vacation.

Pickleball at Disney, well it is getting popular in sport in the USA. I can't say anything wrong about it. When we go to WDW for 10 days we like to take a day here and there and do a few resort things like go on a bass fishing trip, rent boats and bikes and for some it's now pickle ball. I know and see for others one day of golf. So why not pickle ball. It's your vacation and whatever makes one happy is right. If it was wrong or frowned upon, I do not see Disney offering it. This is what the world is all about, difference. All is good and let the good times roll.

Lilofan

Pickleball at Disney, well it is getting popular in sport in the USA. I can't say anything wrong about it. When we go to WDW for 10 days we like to take a day here and there and do a few resort things like go on a bass fishing trip, rent boats and bikes and for some it's now pickle ball. I know and see for others one day of golf. So why not pickle ball. It's your vacation and whatever makes one happy is right. If it was wrong or frowned upon, I do not see Disney offering it. This is what the world is all about, difference. All is good and let the good times roll.
There better be quite hours so vacationers like myself can sleep. Picketball noise is very distinct.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Mini tennis, its the rage of senior citizens and other ages.

download.jpg

Drdcm

Are there going to be Hidden Mickeys to look for in the newly built courts?
Yes! As a matter of fact. My sources tell me that if you look at WDW property with an infrared camera approximately 220 miles the air to the south east. You still see dotted lines from all the courts that will magically coalesce into a hidden Mickey… ok I’ll stop now. Thanks for humoring me.

FWIW, I’m glad they’re doing this. Should be a nice thing to do during some downtime

Lilofan

Yes! As a matter of fact. My sources tell me that if you look at WDW property with an infrared camera approximately 220 miles the air to the south east. You still see dotted lines from all the courts that will magically coalesce into a hidden Mickey… ok I’ll stop now. Thanks for humoring me.

FWIW, I’m glad they’re doing this. Should be a nice thing to do during some downtime
Before, during and after regarding picketball matches , I hope there are liquid refreshments alcoholic included nearby for needed hydration .

surfsupdon

There better be quite hours so vacationers like myself can sleep. Picketball noise is very distinct.
Quiet hours at Resorts are always in effect. Our group stopped playing by 10p each night at Yacht. It was fun tho- many other Guests sat out on their balconies and watched the games. It was a fun little community.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom