Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

PiratesMansion

Just anecdotally it seems like MSEP has more of a following and is a bigger draw to casual fans. Maybe it made a bigger cultural impact because of how long it ran. It seems that way from my observations anyway, so I think it would be a nice addition to a theoretical third gate or expanded lands to have something at night.

I agree with PtN for the 70th though or they could do something new.
MSEP seems like a bigger deal because there's a huge contingent of locals and APs who go insane for it, but if you asked the average person which light parade was more impressive objectively today in 2024, PTN would win.

The apparent popularity of MSEP compared to PTN is also skewed because the resort has hardly allowed PTN a fair fight here-it's only come back once or twice since the 60th and not at all since 2018. Meanwhile, MSEP gets trotted out again and again and again, even if its age and antiquity are increasingly obvious to all not blinded by the nostalgia goggles.

Perhaps those PTN costume issues have credence, but it shouldn't be that difficult for a company with the resources Disney has to redesign them if that's true-and it's worth nothing that the HKDL version of PTN ran continuously until the pandemic hit. It's not like PTN can't or won't do the sorts of numbers MSEP does, it's that for whatever reason the powers that be at DLR specifically just aren't interested in giving it a shot.

Last edited:

wtyy21

And hopefully equipped with a fire suppression system.
If they want to avoid the fire incident last year, they would need to equipped in a better fire suppression system in place of dragon themselves. I believe, that was one of major flawed issues regarding the "older" 2009 dragon.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Speaking of fire..is castle fire jets completely axed? Even though there’s a sprinkler system for the Fantasyland roofs?
That's something I don't understand. Every other fire effect has returned. Why not the castle ones? It's clearly not a DLR problem since they came back to WOC.

Disney Analyst

Not the best video, but it would seem the entirety of the pyro has returned - all 6 barge launchers were used as well as the ones on the island itself.
We're so back!

Are we sure this was filmed recently? On Sunday with limited pyro, they had the flame torches working again on the monkey barges, and this video has those off, like they were earlier this summer.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just like last Sunday, only 2 of the 6 barges are being used and active on Friday (9/20).

Also strangely, the B-mode finale was used (again) with Sorcerer Mickey staying atop the cabin for both shows. If the lift is broken, does that mean Mickey runs on stage for the beginning? Hard to tell from the livestream.

Strangely, the Middle Barge did work for the final note....
That's not the middle barges. The green flares shoot off from the island now. They were moved there recently after the multiple misfire incidents.

Figments Friend

Are we sure this was filmed recently? On Sunday with limited pyro, they had the flame torches working again on the monkey barges, and this video has those off, like they were earlier this summer.

I was at last nights showing at 9pm, and the flame torches on the monkey barges were lit and working.

Show looked good, but man is it so obvious something big is missing…

One of the missing elements besides the obvious is that at the very end of the show Mickey did not ‘magically’ move from the roof to appear back on stage.
Missed his que perhaps, or was this changed?
Sorcerer Mick on the roof said the closing lines instead…
“Some imagination, huh?”

-

Figments Friend

Just like last Sunday, only 2 of the 6 barges are being used and active on Friday (9/20).

Also strangely, the B-mode finale was used (again) with Sorcerer Mickey staying atop the cabin for both shows. If the lift is broken, does that mean Mickey runs on stage for the beginning? Hard to tell from the livestream.

That's not the middle barges. The green flares shoot off from the island now. They were moved there recently after the multiple misfire incidents.

I saw the first show last night, and Mickey ‘magically’ appeared onstage in his usual manner via the lift.

-

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I was at last nights showing at 9pm, and the flame torches on the monkey barges were lit and working.

Show looked good, but man is it so obvious something big is missing…

One of the missing elements besides the obvious is that at the very end of the show Mickey did not ‘magically’ move from the roof to appear back on stage.
Missed his que perhaps, or was this changed?
Sorcerer Mick on the roof said the closing lines instead…
“Some imagination, huh?”

-
It was an error, not changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom