Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

Starship824

In the Parks
No
They need to fix the transition from Peter Pan to the Princess Segment/Aladdin. It’s so abrupt and bad imo.

Also probably in the minority, but the Peter Pan scene takes way too long. Wish they could speed it up or something. Like if you’re watching it from the right side, the entire scene feels like it drags too long imo.

And last, utilize the tech better. Lights, lasers, projections. They were all dialed back in 2.5 it’s just sad..
That transition is awful but I don't think they're going to try to fix it, they already had that chance and didn't. I'm pretty sure Peter Pan is the exact same length as Pirates, it's all based on how long the Columbia takes to get around.

gerarar

Premium Member
That transition is awful but I don't think they're going to try to fix it, they already had that chance and didn't. I'm pretty sure Peter Pan is the exact same length as Pirates, it's all based on how long the Columbia takes to get around.
Yeah I had the same complaint when it was Pirates, but at least it (seemed like) had more action and dialogue happening (after they changed up Elizabeth's initial dialogue).

The ship can go faster I think, but yeah it's probably not feasible.

I was hoping after WDW implemented some changes after theirs came back that DL would do the same. Pyro product and timing, lasers, projections, etc. all changed for the better after a couple months and complaints.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I wonder when they’ll announce it, or if it’ll be more reliable? Guessing it’s the big thing for the 70th. Wonder if anything else big is gonna happen for the anniversary. I do wonder if any other changes will come to FANT, like any new scenes, updated/classic style score, or the return of any other destoryed elements? And if Peter Pan is permanent?
Nothing else changing in the show aside from the obvious restaging and reworking of the Villains segment. PP is permanent

jrhwdw

I wonder when they’ll announce it, or if it’ll be more reliable? Guessing it’s the big thing for the 70th. Wonder if anything else big is gonna happen for the anniversary. I do wonder if any other changes will come to FANT, like any new scenes, updated/classic style score, or the return of any other destoryed elements? And if Peter Pan is permanent?
Not an Insider but hypothetically, if the Dragon is Installed without the 2009 Problems by Halloween, why wait till the 70th?????

I'm grateful we have the 2024 F! Version (when all the Pyro works) this summer. But I know most People want the Full version back ASAP.

Sneaky

Not an Insider but hypothetically, if the Dragon is Installed without the 2009 Problems by Halloween, why wait till the 70th?????

I'm grateful we have the 2024 F! Version (when all the Pyro works) this summer. But I know most People want the Full version back ASAP.
Could be marked as a part of the celebration to sell more tickets.

TTA94

Could be marked as a part of the celebration to sell more tickets.

If they have other stuff planned for the 70th it might not be necessary to save the dragons debut. IMO Paint The Night returning would be a major draw for the 70th. Now in the unlikely event MSEP was brought back instead of Paint or no nighttime parade at all, then I could see why the dragon would be saved for the 70th.

Sneaky

If they have other stuff planned for the 70th it might not be necessary to save the dragons debut. IMO Paint The Night returning would be a major draw for the 70th. Now in the unlikely event MSEP was brought back instead of Paint or no nighttime parade at all, then I could see why the dragon would be saved for the 70th.
Isn’t PTN likley not coming back because the costume legit hurt people?

jrhwdw

I would think and hope MSEP wold be a major draw as well. As for Fireworks, RDCT, DL Forever or something New that reaches RDCT/Forever's standard would do nicely as well.

It's also interesting that the Install is rumored to be a Week or two off....If DL was just thinking about the 70th, wouldn't they wait till Jan? Not unlike MK Starlight's prep work is rumored for Jan?

Sneaky

I would think and hope MSEP wold be a major draw as well. As for Fireworks, RDCT, DL Forever or something New that reaches RDCT/Forever's standard would do nicely as well.

It's also interesting that the Install is rumored to be a Week or two off....If DL was just thinking about the 70th, wouldn't they wait till Jan? Not unlike MK Starlight's prep work is rumored for Jan?
I don’t think RDCT because “everybody’s got a laughing place” is a big part of one of the segments

TTA94

Just a guess I doubt Disneyland fans would be satisfied with MSEP returning, as it was anyway, when WDW is getting a brand new parade and one that includes the Blue Fairy. Her absence from MSEP has been highly missed. Paint The Night seems way more fitting for the 70th and for both coasts to, finally, have their own nighttime parade.

jrhwdw

Just a guess I doubt Disneyland fans would be satisfied with MSEP returning, as it was anyway, when WDW is getting a brand new parade and one that includes the Blue Fairy. Her absence from MSEP has been highly missed. Paint The Night seems way more fitting for the 70th and for both coasts to, finally, have their own nighttime parade.
Fair. I forgot about the Blue Fairy aspect.
As good as MSEP is.....it will be 2025. It's probably high time that both US MK'S had Parades with new tech. Or 2015 tech.

coffeefan

Why? Let that parade stay retired, no reason to bring it back when you have a great successor in PtN.
Just anecdotally it seems like MSEP has more of a following and is a bigger draw to casual fans. Maybe it made a bigger cultural impact because of how long it ran. It seems that way from my observations anyway, so I think it would be a nice addition to a theoretical third gate or expanded lands to have something at night.

I agree with PtN for the 70th though or they could do something new.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just anecdotally it seems like MSEP has more of a following and is a bigger draw to casual fans. Maybe it made a bigger cultural impact because of how long it ran. It seems that way from my observations anyway, so I think it would be a nice addition to a theoretical third gate or expanded lands to have something at night.

I agree with PtN for the 70th though or they could do something new.
I honestly think most DLR fans are tired of MSEP, it’s old and outdated at this point. Especially when compared to PtN. Sure MSEP has the nostalgia factor, but that only lasts so long before it gets seen as outdated.

Anyways I hope one day that PtN returns and MSEP stays retired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom