Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

rodnyh

A little off topic... I was very sad on 2009 approximately when a Cast member told me that the Magic Kingdom Toontown was going to be demolished to be Storybook circus now. I remember the extremely hard characters they used for the translation pop up behind Mickey's House that you can see the feet of the characters that were going to be used those day. Now they use the Epcot spot for pop up with the same regular characters. Ugh!!

Ahhh...nostalgic moments

On topic- I am not a fan of face characters (except Hercules) but nice to see Mirabel, Moana, and Figment brought to be meet able.

Hope they bring more characters not only for Moonlight Magic but for the everyday park visits

Brer Panther

It's long been a running gag in popular culture that Mickey is boring and unfunny because of his need to be the ever smiling mascot, but they managed to turn that cheery optimism into comedy gold.
That's the entire joke of these shorts. That it's Mickey Mouse and his friends acting like demented out of character lunatics. It's funny because you wouldn't expect Mickey to look like this:

1679398431514.png

Or for Minnie to look like this:
1679398466105.png

It's the Disney equivalent of Jellystone! - just have an iconic cartoon character do or say something out-of-character and presto! Instant laughs.

Stumpos

That's the entire joke of these shorts. That it's Mickey Mouse and his friends acting like demented out of character lunatics. It's funny because you wouldn't expect Mickey to look like this:

View attachment 705129

View attachment 705130

It's the Disney equivalent of Jellystone! - just have an iconic cartoon character do or say something out-of-character and presto! Instant laughs.
Well if you find these shorts bad, how would you make a good all ages show that features the Mickey and Friends characters?

Heck, did Mickey Mouse Works do a better job trying to give the Mickey and Friends gang a more comedic edge and being a new take on Mickey Mouse and why?

brb1006

View attachment 705129

View attachment 705130

Actually the Paul Rudish Mickey shorts predated the Jellystone series.

WDWFREAK53

View attachment 705129

View attachment 705130

To me this looks more like Ren & Stimpy than Mickey & Minnie.

wdwfan22

View attachment 705129

View attachment 705130

I’m not a fan of the way they are making them look in the new shorts. they look horrible like this. It damages the brand in my opinion. They look cheap and not animated correctly. We had first timers with us and rode runaway rail and they even asked why does Mickey look funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom