Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

tcool123

That doesn't make it right. It's thematically incoherent, which Disney used to care about.
Not saying its right but saying Disney has been doing this for at least the last six years or so, but likely longer than that as I seem to remember princesses popping up there during the New Fantasyland construction as well.

mharrington

Same reason why Moana is out at AK when Raya would make more sense since it's more asian themed..

Where would Moana make the most sense? Because I've also read some grumbling about how she makes no sense in Epcot or the Animal Kingdom.

Come to think of it, I don't think "Encanto" doesn't make a lot of sense in Fantasyland either.

Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Discovery Island at AK are more amalgam areas that have no set point. So they lend themselves to greater character flexibility.

At Disneyland, before it was decide to retheme the treehouse to just the generic Adventureland Treehouse, it was rumored that it would be redone with an "Encanto" theme, yet some here have objected that "Encanto" makes no sense in Adventureland, except that it's right near a jungle, which apparently isn't good enough. Instead, given the magical nature of the house and its denizens, some have claimed that "Encanto" belongs in Fantasyland.

And then there's the issue of how the Tiana overlay of Splash Mountain makes sense in the Old West of Frontierland.

It seems to me that Frontierland and Adventureland are not so amalgamated after all. It seems that Fantasyland has the most amalgamation of all. How is it that Fantasyland is the most flexible of all?

Cmdr_Crimson

I think they are trying to associate Moana with AK for if/when they put the Moana attractions where Dinoland is and then that becomes sort of a mini-South Pacific / Ocean area with the Finding Nemo show
Trying to make sense of something that would make more sense in the area..
jones_blink.gif

tcool123

Bingo....
She fits fine in Adventureland or Fantasyland. It is an adventure fantasy film within a lush setting perfect for Adventureland while the magic elements lend itself to Fantasyland - albeit not our current very European one. Moana cant fit in any of the parks honestly.

Studios is already a catch all and a live show would work well there. For Epcot some random Polynesian country in World Showcase, Living Seas with Moana, the water cycle thing (good idea imo, odd location). For DAK as long as they play up the ocean aspect and connection to nature, how she fought for Te Fiti and how she lives as one with the sea it could fit. For MK it is as mentioned above. Not sure why you disagree with Moana in the parks, would honestly enjoy to hear the reasoning as I truly think it is one of the few IPs that would work in any of the four parks.

jmuboy

Not saying its right but saying Disney has been doing this for at least the last six years or so, but likely longer than that as I seem to remember princesses popping up there during the New Fantasyland construction as well.
Im hoping Disney “ of the last 6 years” is never a benchmark we accept from this company. Because Disney “ of the last 6 years” is a period of abysmal standards compared to its first 90 years.

Cmdr_Crimson

She fits fine in Adventureland or Fantasyland. It is an adventure fantasy film within a lush setting perfect for Adventureland while the magic elements lend itself to Fantasyland - albeit not our current very European one. Moana cant fit in any of the parks honestly.

She's fine in Adventureland
giphy.gif
Moana can't fit in any park..

49555168-d4b2-46d0-9d3c-cd1977afebdf_text.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

I keep saying if they just gave up on the animal vibes and re-named it Disney's Adventure Kingdom there wouldn't be an issue...

Keep in mind Epcot and DHS has had an identity issue ever since..
Epcot had 6 name changes
DHS - has had 1
And I feel that down the line the way the name change will happen..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I keep saying if they just gave up on the animal vibes and re-named it Disney's Adventure Kingdom there wouldn't be an issue...

Keep in mind Epcot and DHS has had an identity issue ever since..
Epcot had 6 name changes
DHS - has had 1
And I feel that down the line the way the name change will happen..
It's Disney's Jungle Kingdom in practice.

drew81

Still amazing Miguel, Mirabel, Raya, Nick, Judy etc aren’t at WDW.

Popular characters and WDW won’t capitalize! Phineas and Ferb was a huge hit and they waited and waited to add them to Studios. It’s nothing new.

Then you’ve got Tara Anderson (who shouldn’t be a show director for a kindergarten graduation) basically keeping hard tickets the same offerings over and over. No new characters year after year.

I’ve heard a few rumors for this year’s parties. But even with these supposed additions of hard ticket characters, it really makes you wonder. It’s pure laziness.

IanDLBZF

I’ve heard a few rumors for this year’s parties. But even with these supposed additions of hard ticket characters, it really makes you wonder. It’s pure laziness.
And having done Disneyland After Dark once (Sweethearts Nite), I'd say that Disneyland After Dark is much more worth it than Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party combined.

JustInTime

Still amazing Miguel, Mirabel, Raya, Nick, Judy etc aren’t at WDW.

Popular characters and WDW won’t capitalize! Phineas and Ferb was a huge hit and they waited and waited to add them to Studios. It’s nothing new.

Then you’ve got Tara Anderson (who shouldn’t be a show director for a kindergarten graduation) basically keeping hard tickets the same offerings over and over. No new characters year after year.

What rumors have you heard for the parties?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom