Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

Cmdr_Crimson

CMs will have a first chance to meet Moana at AK on 4/21. And I think this is a dead giveaway as to WHERE she'll be meeting.
I'm sorry, but Raya makes much more sense consider what Asian themes are represented And also..She has a Dragon..Yes, I know they had a sand sculpture but, this movie needs more representation in this park..I would even like to see Sisu in Human form doing M&G's..

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are the published times for meeting Moana at Character Landing.

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 2.41.28 PM.png

After April 23, here are the current published times.

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 2.42.25 PM.png

tcool123

Liberty Square? For a European princess? :facepalm:
She's just following the trend ;)

Belle in 2016 at the Heritage House

And it seems like Drizella and Anastasia were meeting there last year in the gazebo where they threw Merida

And the British nanny, Mary Poppins has been known to meet in that very gazebo as well

As you can see Liberty Square has a time honored tradition of being an overflow for European character meet and greets.

Horizonsfan

As you can see Liberty Square has a time honored tradition of being an overflow for European character meet and greets.

That doesn't make it right. It's thematically incoherent, which Disney used to care about.

While Tiana is of the wrong time frame, she's at least American, so that's passable but not perfect. Merida's supposed to be from Medieval Scotland, so she's in the wrong continent and time.

Last edited:

drew81

It’s amazing to me Mirabel still isn’t at WDW. If anything, she should have already been meeting and Asha would be taking that spot.

Always late to the party. Always.
Disneyland has a new character, literally every week.

Unbanshee

BlogMickey reports TODAY is the last day Merida will meet at Fairytale Gardens.

Here's the new meet and greet spot

Cmdr_Crimson

That doesn't make it right. It's thematically incoherent, which Disney used to care about.

While Tiana is of the wrong time frame, she's at least American, so that's passable but not perfect. Merida's supposed to be from Medieval Scotland, so she's in the wrong continent and time.
Same reason why Moana is out at AK when Raya would make more sense since it's more asian themed..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I always viewed that gazebo as part of the hub, that’s what you see from there Liberty Square is blocked off by the shops and the gazebo is as close to Adventureland.
Yeah, I always viewed it as it's own thing, never as "part of Liberty Square." It's just a gazebo with a wild-ish garden. It looks like it could have been built any time from the early 1900's to today. Not at all 'colonial.'

Sorta like somehow Haunted Mansion or a Mississippi steam boat or the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon is part of Liberty Square.

Horizonsfan

I think it's fair if you want to delineate that area as no longer LS.

Liberty Square itself is set in a finite period of America's history. Similar to how GE at DHS is set in a specific moment. The other option is ditching the land conceit all together and just lumping it in with Frontierland. I don't love that.

Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Discovery Island at AK are more amalgam areas that have no set point. So they lend themselves to greater character flexibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom