Muppets ride EPCOT's 'Journey into Imagination with Figment' in new video

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not gonna lie, I'd be down for a Muppets retheme/overhaul of Figment. Think about it, you're transported through Muppet Labs as Bunsen and Beaker attempt to see into imagination and things go wrong in true Muppet fashion. Throw in some truly wacky gags, and maybe keeping Figment to cause some mayhem with the Muppets.
I’d be ok with anything at this point that’s fits 2 general criteria:
1. It’s an effective use of the budget
2. It’s designed to fit the operational needs of the park

MrPromey

It would be kind of weird to put up a video of a character saying this is their favorite ride as a starting point to changing it, wouldn't it?

... but it would also be weird to do a PR campaign to promote a ride almost everone seems to agree sucks.

I'm really beyond pretending I understand what they are thinking anymore.

I’d be ok with anything at this point that’s fits 2 general criteria:
1. It’s an effective use of the budget
2. It’s designed to fit the operational needs of the park
I would be fine with them moving Muppets 4D to EPCOT, especially if they use the space in DHS wisely and add capacity in that park. That being said, I would worry that if they did move it, it would come with some cuts to the overall attraction. For example, I can picture them adding a "side screen" to the theater and recording video of Sweetums to avoid having to pay a CM to play that role all day (to be honest I am shocked they haven't' done that already).

Not sure a Muppets overlay of the ride makes sense, but if it was better than what they have now and incorporated Figment better I would be for it. And more Muppets is always a good thing in my book.

jpinkc

Not gonna lie, I'd be down for a Muppets retheme/overhaul of Figment. Think about it, you're transported through Muppet Labs as Bunsen and Beaker attempt to see into imagination and things go wrong in true Muppet fashion. Throw in some truly wacky gags, and maybe keeping Figment to cause some mayhem with the Muppets and we'd have a worthy replacement on our hands.
I will admit I find that a totally not bad Idea!! They will never put the ride back to what it was apparently.

jpinkc

Its not like the Muppets havent been in Epcot before. Whatever happened to the Muppet Mobile Labs thing they used to do near the fountain with Bunsen Honedew and Beeker ??

Figments Friend

No Muppets needed in the Imagination Pavilion.
This is just a bit o’ fun and should not be seen as ‘teasing’ anything.

The Pavilion already has its own IP, and has for almost 40 years now.
That should be better utilized, and it’s long overdue.

Use it or lose it, Disney…

Oh wait…

-

TomboyJanet

Well since they are praising figment I'm pretty sure that Figment is not going anywhere. It's possible Muppets will move to the 3-D theater here but I think that they are trying to signal boost figment before the rumored Imagination movie comes out Then they will add the Dreamfinder back in and hopefully make a good ride again

Cmdr_Crimson

Muppets 3D will not be moving to Imagination's theater.

At least not in any version anyone would want. All the theater house designed effects and theming are not going to be something Disney is going to spend on a 3D show just to have it change parks.
Exactly, it never made sense for Captain EO and the Disney+ 3d snooze fest..When the Floor movement, air & water sprayers were installed for magic Eye it was meant for Honey I shrunk The Audience and I would rather it be back since we still have Channing in the attraction and still not budging to leave plus there is still plans on the new HoneyI shrunk film coming it'd be nice to see a cleanup of this.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Exactly, it never made sense for Captain EO and the Disney+ 3d snooze fest..When the Floor movement, air & water sprayers were installed for magic Eye it was meant for Honey I shrunk The Audience and I would rather it be back since we still have Channing in the attraction and still not budging to leave plus there is still plans on the new HoneyI shrunk film coming it'd be nice to see a cleanup of this.
Makes no sense for them to have never brought back HISTA after EO's run.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm pretty sure this video is simply a nod to the tie between Gonzo and Figment and nothing more.
IDK.. they posted a video of Gonzo and Robin in front of spaceship earth talking about how great Epcot is.

Muppets wouldn’t be a bad host for imagination pavilion and it would be IP for the pavilion.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
IDK.. they posted a video of Gonzo and Robin in front of spaceship earth talking about how great Epcot is.

Muppets wouldn’t be a bad host for imagination pavilion and it would be IP for the pavilion.
I don't have an issue with Muppets going into Imagination alongside Figment. I brainstormed about that earlier in the thread... But I'm also not opposed to Figment just being Figment and believing this video is just some easy press release while the voice actors were on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom