Sonny Eclipse missing

CntrlFlPete

would they do this when they have a CM party? I mean, make it a 'dance party' room just as they do for the Christmas party.

Castle Cake Apologist

Looks like they just moved him up to reveal the stage below Sonny Eclipse.

I took this video in 2017 (sped up 4 times):

Yeah, but the point is that he's been missing for some time now. I believe he's been gone nearly a month. He was originally covered by very sloppy looking black cloth frames, but now they've moved his stage into the dome and put the Christmas party set back up. He's definitely MIA for some reason.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Yeah, but the point is that he's been missing for some time now. I believe he's been gone nearly a month. He was originally covered by very sloppy looking black cloth frames, but now they've moved his stage into the dome and put the Christmas party set back up. He's definitely MIA for some reason.
Once upon a time we were falling in love
Now he’s only falling apart
There’s nothing WDI can do
A total Eclipse of our hearts

Once upon a time there was light in Cosmic Ray’s Starlight
But now there’s only love in the dark
Nothing they will say
A total Eclipse of our hearts

celluloid

He has been gone for large bouts before, but if the quarter spending is going to be cut 700 million, I don't expect him to be rushing back to operational.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He has been gone for large bouts before, but if the quarter spending is going to be cut 700 million, I don't expect him to be rushing back to operational.
Annual CapEx was reduced by $700 million, just a point of clarification. Regardless, there's zero reason this should be drawn out. But since they run JiT on parts... I'm guessing they can't get things needed anymore or parts are extremely difficult to obtain.

Disstevefan1

Annual CapEx was reduced by $700 million, just a point of clarification. Regardless, there's zero reason this should be drawn out. But since they run JiT on parts... I'm guessing they can't get things needed anymore or parts are extremely difficult to obtain.
I wonder if the cast member who knew how to fix Sonny got laid off when they closed WDW during the pandemic.

celluloid

Sorry I should have clarified and figured context would be known with how often it is mentioned on these boards. Thank you. It is really worse when a select avenue of business is cut that much. It was stated that CapEx included maintenance as well as new attraction investments did it not? So I would not keep hopes for the bad MK upkeep rep to be better.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sorry I should have clarified and figured context would be known with how often it is mentioned on these boards. Thank you. It is really worse when a select avenue of business is cut that much. It was stated that CapEx included maintenance as well as new attraction investments did it not? So I would not keep hopes for the bad MK upkeep rap to be better.

I really don't know if Disney CapEx includes regular maintenance in the parks. I would think that's an operational expense, but that's just my non-accounting mind at work. I'm sure someone can let us know for sure. I mean, it would be embarrassing as hell if they really tried to claim that there isn't enough room in the $6 billion annual CapEx budget to perform maintenance on showpieces like Sonny.

celluloid

I really don't know if Disney CapEx includes regular maintenance in the parks. I would think that's an operational expense, but that's just my non-accounting mind at work. I'm sure someone can let us know for sure. I mean, it would be embarrassing as hell if they really tried to claim that there isn't enough room in the $6 billion annual CapEx budget to perform maintenance on showpieces like Sonny.

The parks of WDW are in embarrassing shape now. I just know that the original announcement said CAPEX includes maintenance of parks.

When something breaks to a certain point it is no longer operational. It costs a lot more to fix so it is likely something cut.

Here is hoping Sonny Returns. Cosmic Rays is huge but not very interesting without him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom