News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

Do we think Tiana’s will go down for Refurbishment this year in November/December like Splash would? Especially if they're closing BTMRR for months it would be a nightmare for Frontierland if TBA can't operate a full day and carry that section of MK
Frontierland is a bad thing, so I don’t see why this is bad

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Do we think Tiana’s will go down for Refurbishment this year in November/December like Splash would? Especially if they're closing BTMRR for months it would be a nightmare for Frontierland if TBA can't operate a full day and carry that section of MK
It’s only a problem because there’s fewer LLs being sold. I’m guessing that can be solved by putting another ride back on ILL and finding more rides to monetize.

Epcot81Fan

Give me a break.. young and thin.. she’s both of those things on the ride too. God forbid little girls see a princess appear in different clothes or at different points of time. This is kind of grossly sexist.
First, thank you for your service, so brave.

Second, curious, why is Tiana in a “different point of time”, but Charlotte, Naveen, Odie, etc. all look exactly like they were seen in the movie?

Is it a multiverse where only Tiana time travels?

Charlotte has some skincare regime to stop time?

seabreezept813

Second, curious, why is Tiana in a “different point of time”, but Charlotte, Naveen, Odie, etc. all look exactly like they were seen in the movie?

They are all in a different point in time as it takes place after the film. I assumed that was common knowledge. Most of Disney’s rides are book reports but this was obviously a different approach.
And the brave comment is childish. To suggest the Tiana AA isn’t thin or attractive enough is bizarre. And to get so hung up on the wardrobe is also odd. How many shorts show Anna and Elsa wearing different dresses.

WorldExplorer

Charlotte has to be more on top of things; she's still looking for a man. Tiana's got one already.

69cb13c0994e3cff5e203381315ab939.gif

SuddenStorm

He has been in an advisory role since he ‘retired’ from WDI back in 2013.
Although he is still active and contributes to WDI, being in an advisory role means he can offer suggestions and insights to those working on a project if asked.

Wether or not those working on said projects choose to listen to his advice is another matter.

One can give the most wonderful insights and advice you could imagine, but if people choose not to listen …well….it is their loss.
And ours, as well, in the end.

-

Baxter's affinity for Disneyland park is second to none. They should have just given him creative control of the place and been done with it.

SuddenStorm

How did that not happen?

I'm 99% sure he was the creative lead for Disneyland in the '90s and early '00s? I could be wrong.

His popularity within Disney's leadership plummeted in the late '90s and '00s and as far as I know never recovered.

I think Kim Irvine has done a better job internally of remaining popular- but she also comes across as more of a 'yes' person who is willing to toe the company line.

Ghost93

Tiana's Bayou Adventure has many problems (mainly a terrible story). But Tiana's appearance, weight and "attractiveness" is not one of them. The adventure outfit feels like a big departure from the movie, but she looks a lot like Tiana in the final "special spice" scene.

SuddenStorm

Tiana's Bayou Adventure has many problems (mainly a terrible story). But Tiana's appearance, weight and "attractiveness" is not one of them. The adventure outfit feels like a big departure from the movie, but she looks a lot like Tiana in the final "special spice" scene.

If everything else was flawless, I'd be all for critiquing the Tiana animatronics and the terrible CGI depiction of Tiana in the Laughin' Place.

But on the hierarchy of issues with the ride, the order is something like-

1. Splash was way way way better, so WDI really dropped the ball
2. The scene staging is elementary
3. The story is elementary.
4. The sound design is elementary.
5. The attraction is horribly unreliable- but even if it ran perfectly, we'd still have issues 1-4.
9. WDI did a poor job translating Tiana's likeness to a 3D animatronic.

mickEblu

If everything else was flawless, I'd be all for critiquing the Tiana animatronics and the terrible CGI depiction of Tiana in the Laughin' Place.

But on the hierarchy of issues with the ride, the order is something like-

1. Splash was way way way better, so WDI really dropped the ball
2. The scene staging is elementary
3. The story is elementary.
4. The sound design is elementary.
5. The attraction is horribly unreliable- but even if it ran perfectly, we'd still have issues 1-4.
9. WDI did a poor job translating Tiana's likeness to a 3D animatronic.

Thank you. It’s annoying being able to read right through people that avoid critiquing (or go much softer than they would if they were being completely honest) TBA as they are afraid of being associated with those “crazy” Splash Mountain fans so they become hyper focused on the technical issues as if those are the only problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom