News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Speaking of theories, all signs seem to point to the reveal happening tomorrow night on American Idol.

1. It's their yearly Disney Night where they visit the parks and sing songs from the company's library.
2. Jennifer Lewis and Terence Blanchard have been announced to guest star.
3. Usually they film in the suite in New Orleans Square in Disneyland, but this year they're travelling cross-country to WDW.

While it doesn't have the strength it did 20 years ago, having the contestants ride the ride and announcing on live national television the opening date sounds like the kind of synergy the company loves.
Have they ever announced opening dates at the American idol parks thing in the past?

haveyoumetmark

Speaking of theories, all signs seem to point to the reveal happening tomorrow night on American Idol.

1. It's their yearly Disney Night where they visit the parks and sing songs from the company's library.
2. Jennifer Lewis and Terence Blanchard have been announced to guest star.
3. Usually they film in the suite in New Orleans Square in Disneyland, but this year they're travelling cross-country to WDW.

While it doesn't have the strength it did 20 years ago, having the contestants ride the ride and announcing on live national television the opening date sounds like the kind of synergy the company loves.

100% this is what's happening. I'd lay money down on this.

Yeah, the guests alone are a dead giveaway.

Yes but Disney may just use it for a promotional opportunity and stick with the "opening this summer" tag line unless they are certain on the date.
Also, if Disney is going to announce something, wouldn't both parties advertise this in order to generate more attention? American Idol could get a bump in viewers and Disney World would get more specific advertising. "Watch American Idol tomorrow night for a special announcement on Walt Disney World's newest attraction Tiana's Bayou Adventure".

donsullivan

Premium Member
“They” have nothing to do with Tokyo Disney on matters like this. The two companies and their respective resorts operate completely independent from each other.
I've seen at least four posts each on the Disney Parks and Walt Disney Imagineering official Instagram accounts with imagery from Fantasy Springs in the last week.

While OLC, which operates the parks in Tokyo, is a separate legal entity from TWDC, messaging is still coordinated so as not to step on each other. It's just good professional business.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I think people need to stop overstating the OLC’s role in the Japan’s parks. Yes they operate them but all the IP is Disney owned and licensed.

Imagineering designed everything you see in Fantasy Springs so it’s only fair they get to showcase their work.
OLC paid for FS. More $$ the more the Imagineers can do

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
image-4.png

splash-mountain-sign-mark-andrew-thomas.jpg

Figments Friend

It's a gripping 11.5 minute autobiographical drama about Tianna's rise through the corrupt 1920's New Orleans Food Co-op racket. Fighting off competitors, the mob, and native wild-life. It is an action packed thriller/love story/comedy, full of cute but deadly anthropomorphic bayou creatures who play jazz instruments. It is set on a mountain in the swamp which is below sea-level on a salt dome. Get ready for explosive family friendly action coming at some point in Summer 2024, likely after June 19th but before August 9th.

Rated TV-MA for gratuitous mist effects.

Is it wrong to admit that I now want to see a movie that entails this…?

Take my money, please…..

🤣

-

IronRod

Does anyone feel like it’s a missed opportunity that they didn’t incorporate the “video photopass” feature that’s used in Seven Dwarves and Tower of Terror? Those would look great on the drop.

Bayou

I think that rumored plot point was cobbled together from tidbits here. It wasn't a rumor so much as it was a "theory" spouted as fact. I wouldn't be surprised if it was born out of simply trying to justify the "mound" appearing as such from a frog-sized perspective.

It probably just grew from that. I'm not discounting it though. It's a good theory. Honestly, it makes sense given the "Bayou Magic" mist and the presence of Mama Odie. Of course that was back when I theorized the secret ingredient was a rare herb or some such that could only be attained by critter-sized means. But seeing as how the plot seems to be helping Tiana find a last minute band... that original notion has since been dropped. Having the plunge be an integral part of the story would have only served to enhance the story. The idea that it's somehow transformative would be a fun addition, FWIW.
I've noticed that Disney has exclusively released videos featuring Mama Odie in her party finale attire. Perhaps during the drop, we'll encounter a massive animatronic representation of Mama Odie, because of our our "frog's-eye view" perspective. I know probably not and what I'm saying is a huge stretch (and not the best idea), BUT that would be cool and funny. 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom