"Big news" coming 1/5/23?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Bigger benefit on smaller parties staying for shorter periods? Seems like not a great offer. It will be interesting to see which restaurants are excluded (not that it will matter given how the restaurants that are excluded are likely the restaurants that are already impossible to get into... or maybe they'll specifically make the gift card good at the restaurants that are impossible to get into?)

Weather_Lady

Bigger benefit on smaller parties staying for shorter periods? Seems like not a great offer. It will be interesting to see which restaurants are excluded (not that it will matter given how the restaurants that are excluded are likely the restaurants that are already impossible to get into... or maybe they'll specifically make the gift card good at the restaurants that are impossible to get into?)
I'm really hoping they'll follow it up in time with a room-only discount offer.

We're booked for mid-August (to use up the too-many Gift Cards we already have), but it's a non-package split stay (3 nights/3 nights), so we wouldn't qualify for this offer in any way. If we don't end up with some kind of discount covering our dates, the first leg of our trip (Yacht Club, where even a standard room is almost $600/night at rack rate during the "low" season!) will definitely be shifting somewhere else.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
The credit is per room, per night. So it incentivizes smaller parties but not shorter stays.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The credit is per room, per night. So it incentivizes smaller parties but not shorter stays.
From what I read, there is a cap at $750. As the benefit for a deluxe room is $125/$150 per night, that would mean any stay at a deluxe resort caps after 5/6 nights. If it is an overall cap of $750, I would agree that you are unlikely to cap out at the value rate of $35/$50 per night and only very long stays at a moderate would cap out at $75/$100 per night, but the deluxe benefit caps out rather quickly.

DisneyDreamer08

I was supposed to travel solo this August. I had a week booked at POFQ. I would have gotten $100/day just for myself. That would have been a great deal, especially since room discounts are pretty much non existent. Unfortunately I had to cancel the trip. So this makes me sad, it would have been prefect for me 😔

dreday3

They did offer some good deals for 2023 so far though.
At least for us with the Disney Visa we saved $1500 on our Beach Club stay! That's never happened for us before. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom