"Big news" coming 1/5/23?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This shows exactly where some of their largest profit margins are, doesn't it? Along with the temporary 30% merchandise discount that gets thrown at AP/DVC people once in a blue moon, food is a cash cow (pardon the pun).

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I was supposed to travel solo this August. I had a week booked at POFQ. I would have gotten $100/day just for myself. That would have been a great deal, especially since room discounts are pretty much non existent. Unfortunately I had to cancel the trip. So this makes me sad, it would have been prefect for me 😔
For a party of one? Yeah, that would have been great. Would cover a TS, QS, and snack each day.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
travel agents are hyping up something that will give travel agents more money? unheard of!

/s
Hold up. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

First - No one is forcing anyone to book anything. That's your choice.
Second - Travel agents do not charge the clients for their services.
Third - Travel agents are lobbied all the time through various means to steer clients to various destinations and resorts. Travel agents like @Kingdom Konsultant also receive extensive training from Disney and Universal to provide knowledgable and accurate information to their clients so they can make their own informed booking decisions.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Actually we don't make anything on this.

Pam

Third - Travel agents are lobbied all the time through various means to steer clients to various destinations and resorts. Travel agents like @Kingdom Konsultant also receive extensive training from Disney and Universal to provide knowledgable and accurate information to their clients so they can make their own informed booking decisions.
I mean, travel agents make money from Disney for their bookings, so of course they're incentivized to drive new bookings.

The fact that @Kingdom Konsultant is scrupulous doesn't mean the random TikTok TAs are doing things the right way.

VJ

i was genuinely misinformed about travel agents being paid and for that i apologize, but i still think expecting an earth-shattering announcement out of travel agents was silly from the start - of course it's gonna relate to something like discounts and not park reservations being removed or figment coming back. that was my point, even if i didn't express it as well as i should have.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
i was genuinely misinformed about travel agents being paid and for that i apologize, but i still think expecting a genuine announcement out of travel agents was silly from the start - of course it's gonna relate to something like discounts and not park reservations being removed or figment coming back. that was my point, even if i didn't express it as well as i should have.
Actually if you follow our social media we do push out any important news and always have. We don't push out any discounts until the supplier says that we can. There are a lot of FB pages that jumped on this yesterday and pushed it out ahead of time to try to make a name for themselves. We don't play that game.

Pam

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I mean, travel agents make money from Disney for their bookings, so of course they're incentivized to drive new bookings.
@Kingdom Konsultant is not in a back alley taking an unmarked bag full of cash from a thug in a mouse costume.

A travel agent acts as the representative or liaison between the hotel, theme park, cruise line, etc. They are paid a commission to ensure the client utilizes their offerings. Nothing happening here is bellow board. Are there sleazy travel characters out there, yeah I can think of a one right now who runs a board about dis. But really at the end of the day, the client makes the decision.

VJ

Actually if you follow our social media we do push out any important news and always have. We don't push out any discounts until the supplier says that we can. There are a lot of FB pages that jumped on this yesterday and pushed it out ahead of time to try to make a name for themselves. We don't play that game.

Pam
i was not talking about you or your company, i was referring to the FB and tiktok pages teasing it, trying to "make a name for themselves" as you put it - again, something i should have made clearer in my original post

Its a better offer than what was offered for UK guests - depending upon the date you travel. We stayed at Pop last August and only got $36 per room per night dining credit. We stayed 10 nights, so got $360 which we used for extra snacks etc. This year if we booked through the US deal, we would get $50 per room per night for the same travel dates. However, the UK ultimate tickets are a really good deal compared to the US tickets, so not sure how much it would balance out.

dreday3

If Flower Garden goes until July again, I wonder if you could use it at food booths? I mean, it is just a giftcard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom