News Disney CEO Bob Chapek reiterates his belief that park reservations are now an essential part of Disney's theme parks business

drizgirl

He’s such a clueless lying moron. Park reservations have zero to do with a “magical consumer experience” and 100% to do with having the absolute minimum number of staff working on any given day.
We can close the thread now. Straight up truth. And it has impacted the parks experience forever going forward in a negative way. There is nothing positive in this for guests.

Disstevefan1

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So this moron's metric for success is taking the, at one point, most beloved and respected name in themed entertainment and hospitality and wanting it to be like Spirit Airlines.

I'm done.

Are they going to pull a United Airlines and start dragging people out of the parks that don't spend enough now?

Sorry I didn't think it was possible to concentrate that much stupidity and incompetence into a single source. But I was wrong.

Last edited:

BeanCounterBob

I just booked my first trip in 4 years. I have my room booked, so I went ahead and got the tickets......before those get more expensive. I also did park passes. The process was pretty annoying for 6 days. Granted its done and I am sure things will need to be updated; but it was just annoying. I miss the days before Bean Counter Bob. It just feels like they are trying every way possible to stick it to the guests

matt9112

This is a long term pro operation (non-pro consumer) decision. I also can't imagine there's any reason it will ever go away.

Enough PR flak would kill it. Jokes aside disney is overly sensitive to public sentiment. If it was openly outside of die hard forums mocked and lambasted they would at least think it over. It’s just normal folks are accepting it and just shrugging there shoulders.

BrianLo

Enough PR flak would kill it. Jokes aside disney is overly sensitive to public sentiment. If it was openly outside of die hard forums mocked and lambasted they would at least think it over. It’s just normal folks are accepting it and just shrugging there shoulders.

It also seems here to stay for OLC/Tokyo Disney. I get internally why they actually want to have a forecast of guest attendance and a more consistent means of forcing guests to spread out between gates.

I got caught up in a day they clearly underestimated at Paris a decade ago and it was kind of miserable.

On the flip side, the consumer unfortunate byproduct is they'll almost never overstaff.

We are of course one travel-induced recession away from all their control levers going to the way side. I don't think this one is going to be that though. We are starting from way too high at the moment for a contraction to really undo that much into switching back over to a consumer forward approach.

drizgirl

I just booked my first trip in 4 years. I have my room booked, so I went ahead and got the tickets......before those get more expensive. I also did park passes. The process was pretty annoying for 6 days. Granted its done and I am sure things will need to be updated; but it was just annoying. I miss the days before Bean Counter Bob. It just feels like they are trying every way possible to stick it to the guests
The worst part of it isn't even the process of booking your days. The worst part is what they're doing with that info, making sure they only have the least possible number of CMs scheduled for the expected attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom