News Several character meet and greets to be cut at Walt Disney World as labor shortage continues

homerdance

So you said “dead on”…while actually disagreeing 100% with the misconceptions of the post? I like it…I’m gonna throw that off speed pitch too…

I seem to remember 36,000 was the number?
Which was an unnecessary, huge mistake for the bobs.

It is what it is…

But scholars here bypass that mistake, call it “luxury”, and preach that it’s super underpriced?

This is why they say not to eat paint chips…in case anyone needed proof?
Yeah. It’s right, because they can’t simply say “we are giving all new hires $5 more an hour” without actually doing something for the existing workers. If Disney said $2more for everyone across all job levels, the union wouldn’t oppose that. Or if they did they would need to have their motives explained. So what I am saying( or trying to poorly) is that if Disney wanted to increase compensation across the board they could easily but if they went down the route of new hires or certain job families the union will have issues.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah. It’s right, because they can’t simply say “we are giving all new hires $5 more an hour” without actually doing something for the existing workers. If Disney said $2more for everyone across all job levels, the union wouldn’t oppose that. Or if they did they would need to have their motives explained. So what I am saying( or trying to poorly) is that if Disney wanted to increase compensation across the board they could easily but if they went down the route of new hires or certain job families the union will have issues.

Wait... you want to ...raise labor costs?!? To try and attract and keep workers??? :eek: Please report to Disney Reindoctrination Training immediately. Bob & Josh will be waiting to talk with you once you're done, to ensure you've seen the error of your ways.

Comped

Is this serious? I really want to know if this is how they are doing it now.
For a ton of posts, particularly housekeeping, front line attractions, and F&B? Absolutely. It's a more critical shortage than even pre-pandemic when it was usually difficult to find people, but they somehow managed to fill enough thanks to DCP and international programs. Character-wise it's probably never been this bad though. At least in my lifetime.

DisneyDebRob

For a ton of posts, particularly housekeeping, front line attractions, and F&B? Absolutely. It's a more critical shortage than even pre-pandemic when it was usually difficult to find people, but they somehow managed to fill enough thanks to DCP and international programs. Character-wise it's probably never been this bad though. At least in my lifetime.
One of the ways
I have been by that building a million times over many years. Also have many friends who have been cast members. I’ve never see them post a sign for help.. or anyone I knew that worked for Disney saw a sign and applied that’s why I was wondering. Things must be very bad .

Disstevefan1

LowPayThankless.jpg

Lilofan

I have been by that building a million times over many years. Also have many friends who have been cast members. I’ve never see them post a sign for help.. or anyone I knew that worked for Disney saw a sign and applied that’s why I was wondering. Things must be very bad .
Was that signage approved by legal?😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom