News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That’s my thought. Very unusual we haven’t gotten more info on this show if it’s supposed to debut in a couple months. Strange things happen especially now a days but you’d think they’d want to promote this more for the fall. Seems more likely they’ll save the announcement for Destination D23 in September and debut this show next year.
Maybe they are going to stream the show to everyones smartphone negating the need for lagoon hardware?

trainplane3

They are ripping out the docking points from harmonious - this is a big job.

HarmonioUS_Full_51925.jpg
I was somewhat hoping those docking points would be reused. That's a nice bit of infrastructure to support all sorts of things. They weren't intrusive either.

But then again I think back to RoE just being a handful of barges towed out and docked in place without any fancy power, fiber, and pump connections so they really aren't needed for a good show.

TTA94

I was watching DLs Rivers Of America view of Wonderous Journey and thought that type of setup wouldn’t be to bad for Epcots new show, with maybe 4 mist screens and a set of fountains in front. Maybe some projections on the WS Pavilions. It would be considered “simple” compared to Harmonious, but not significantly simple like EF.

Brenthodge

If my local regional park produced Stitch’s Great Escape I’d be impressed.

If a local teen wrote Scuttle’s new song in The Little Mermaid I’d be impressed.

But when you’re on the world stage purporting to be world-class you have to hit a higher bar than that. The Harmonius team had everything they needed to hit a home run and yet there were still major issues.
Lol

what was the “base” made of that’s being clawed away? Looks like they literally build a house boat with walls. Was that foam or something lightweight?

TTA94

That new staging area is interesting… my guess would be for incoming parts until the Harmonious demolition is completed and that area is cleaned up? My other guess would potentially a drone platform?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
regardless of how you felt about harmonious it is sickening to think how much they spent on that and how short lived it was and now being literally destroyed. If only they could have used/designed those barges a little differently we probably wouldn’t be seeing this

Just another exhibit of Disney’s poor planning and management now adays

TheMaxRebo

regardless of how you felt about harmonious it is sickening to think how much they spent on that and how short lived it was and now being literally destroyed. If only they could have used/designed those barges a little differently we probably wouldn’t be seeing this

Just another exhibit of Disney’s poor planning and management now adays

Seems like Disney is doing a lot to just end things now, probably for best financial impact (depreciation, etc) ... Be it this, the Star Cruiser, removing stuff from D+, etc

Like trying to put all the "bad" in this fiscal and calendar year and try to return more positive views next year (see with removing reservations, brining back dining plan, etc)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom