Changes coming to Rose & Crown?

pdude81

Rumor is Rose and Crown will be transition to some type of lounge experience instead of traditional table service. There are no longer reservations available beginning October 2nd. Will update once more information is available.
Is this because of the (I assume) crappy view of humongous? I used to regularly do dining packages there but not from the side of the viewing window

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Is this because of the (I assume) crappy view of humongous? I used to regularly do dining packages there but not from the side of the viewing window
Might be part of it. There’s nothing available starting first week of October (also the start of the new fiscal year) for both regular dining and fireworks packages, in fact the firework package page is glitching out.

dreday3

Interesting.

We would be more inclined to go there if indeed it was a lounge/pub type of place. I understand people enjoy the restaurant so I know my opinion is in the minority. I love Shepherd's Pie. We have a great place within walking distance here. But we never go at Epcot because the food is just too darn heavy to walk around Epcot after! So if we could pop in, relax with a drink, smaller plates, we'd probably enjoy it.

But I hope this isn't for true for the rest of the people who like to eat there.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Rumor is Rose and Crown will be transition to some type of lounge experience instead of traditional table service. There are no longer reservations available beginning October 2nd. Will update once more information is available.
So that means no where to eat at UK except eating standing up with one's fish and chips outside. Family has traveled to Europe including UK. Not exactly world class cuisine in London but one of UK's national dishes is courtesy of India, Chicken Tikka Masala. In London , chips with Indian curry was delish.

So if they are going to be offering small plates of UK food, might I suggest Scotch eggs ( UK Mp's love talking about scotch eggs!), sausage rolls, maybe some traditional cheeses and crackers or filled jacket potatoes! Garden view tea room hasn't re opened- maybe a traditional afternoon tea could be served at Epcot instead!

SplashJacket

Being British, I was pretty shocked at the interpretation of British food in the Rose & Crown. It was genuinely an atrocious representation.

I know all countries in the world showcase are romanticized versions, but does this maybe need to be assessed for all pavilions?
Whenever I'm in Britain and ask a Cabbie where to eat delicious, authentic British food, they direct me to an Indian restaurant half the time.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The British pubs are rapidly closing because they can't pay their energy bills. Rose and Crown may soon be a museum for a bygone era.

I'm with @dreday3 though, I always wanted to sit at the bar there but there are only 4 seats. A lounge model could really work for me. I guess I'm assuming they will have room for me.

Besides Covid and enegy costs, Pub companies have been a major factor in over 5,000 closing in the past 5 years. It's an extractive lease that forces the tennants to purchase their supplies and beer through the leasing company at above market rates.

UpAllNight

Whenever I'm in Britain and ask a Cabbie where to eat delicious, authentic British food, they direct me to an Indian restaurant half the time.

Haha - I mean, can’t disagree. Not arguing we’ve got the best food in the world.

But Rose and crowns interpretation of a Tikka Masala is disgusting and and insult to both Britain and probably India where I doubt they even eat it!

Indy_UK

This is pretty much authentic British food these days. Just stick one of these in with Mobile order and see the $$$ roll In

A4942AE8-2D62-499B-8640-0C686AF08BFF.jpeg

SirLink

So that means no where to eat at UK except eating standing up with one's fish and chips outside. Family has traveled to Europe including UK. Not exactly world class cuisine in London but one of UK's national dishes is courtesy of India, Chicken Tikka Masala. In London , chips with Indian curry was delish.

Eh ... what ... London is the second European capital city with the most Michelin starred restaurants at 70 in total.

DonaldDoleWhip

Very true. The Indian food in London is top notch.
Speaking of Indian food in the UK, spent a good amount of time there last month, and multiple parties (including one closer to Manchester and Edinburgh) said I had to try Dishoom. It didn't disappoint!

In comparison, haven't eaten a proper meal at Rose & Crown in 15+ years, but this idea sounds fun.

Lilofan

Eh ... what ... London is the second European capital city with the most Michelin starred restaurants at 70 in total.
When we travel we eat where the locals eat ( ie London taxi drivers are right- good UK food is Indian dining, thousands of Indian restaurants in the UK, ). What is not our thing is about a Michelin star whatever dining, but a number of them are Indian restaurants . Sad that Rose&Crown can't even make a decent Chicken Tikka Masala , one of the national dishes of UK.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom