News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

matt9112

Well actually, Publix is #1, Disney is #2.
View attachment 716865

Okay, so they are the largest taxpayer in Central Florida. Over a billion dollars.

I can't really find concrete information on the largest driver of tourism in Florida, but Disney is definitely one of the largest.

For a fun fact:
"Orlando’s population grew by more than 165% since Disney World opened, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Its population of 287,442 as of July 1, 2019 is almost triple its population of 99,006 in 1970." link

Orlando would not exist as it does today without Disney, point blank period.

You mean orlando would still be affordable to live in? When can we send disney packing? I prefer the affordable living conditions.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You mean orlando would still be affordable to live in? When can we send disney packing? I prefer the affordable living conditions.
There are plenty of places to move to that are very affordable to live compared to Orlando….a lot with little to no jobs available. Even right in FL there are many rural counties that are cheaper to live in. Those places probably closely resemble what the Orlando area would be like if Disney never arrived in FL. There’s also a reason that people aren’t moving there in large numbers.

matt9112

Great news! There are lots of places in FL to live if you want affordable living not next to theme parks or the tourism corridor

Ahhh I forgot living in the middle of nowhere should be a pre requisite for affordable living.

Or maybe housing on a pure level is amazingly broken. And hell I’m conservative. Housing prices shouldn’t outstrip inflation but they almost always crush it. My personal gain has been about 140% in a 6 year period. That’s nuts as somebody that will directly benefit I think it’s gross.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ahhh I forgot living in the middle of nowhere should be a pre requisite for affordable living.

Or maybe housing on a pure level is amazingly broken. And hell I’m conservative. Housing prices shouldn’t outstrip inflation but they almost always crush it. My personal gain has been about 140% in a 6 year period. That’s nuts as somebody that will directly benefit I think it’s gross.
It’s basic economics of supply and demand. Housing is always cheaper when there’s little demand. The more successful an area becomes the less affordable it gets. The market sets the prices. In those rural areas people would gladly take more when selling their homes but they aren’t getting the offers.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It’s basic economics of supply and demand. Housing is always cheaper when there’s little demand. The more successful an area becomes the less affordable it gets. The market sets the prices. In those rural areas people would gladly take more when selling their homes but they aren’t getting the offers.

Just ask homeowners in San Jose and Santa Clara Counties what Silicon Valley has done to property values.

Lilofan

There are plenty of places to move to that are very affordable to live compared to Orlando….a lot with little to no jobs available. Even right in FL there are many rural counties that are cheaper to live in. Those places probably closely resemble what the Orlando area would be like if Disney never arrived in FL. There’s also a reason that people aren’t moving there in large numbers.
There is Kissimmee where parts of the city is wall to wall tourism central by Celebration and rural Kissimmee with dirt roads, trailer parks, 55 and up communities in areas where it was like Disney never arrived.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
They will argue that this is part of the administration's retaliation.

Again, see Fuller v Carollo in Florida's Southern District, where code enforcement and law enforcement were weaponized against a political enemy.
Just closing up the Fuller v Carollo tidbit.

Carollo was found guilty and has to pay $63.5 million in punitive and compensatory damages for abuse of power, following a now familiar story of weaponizing government power to silence critics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom