News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Chef idea Mickey`=

1000059694.png
1000059693.png

For all of you who wished Riviera looked something more so like this on the Italian half at least!

(Unboxly, not Grey and non fake roofs.) A previous resort concept for seven seas lagoon that was developed twice and cancelled twice! 🙉

Mr. Sullivan

It's far from the most beautiful thing they've ever built but I really don't understand the intense feelings in regards to this given that we've now got it confirmed from several people that from a distance it doesn't stick out and that you can barely even see it from the other parts of the Poly itself.

This kinda seems like a case of if you don't want to look at it then just don't go visit it and stick to the rest of the resort.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It's far from the most beautiful thing they've ever built but I really don't understand the intense feelings in regards to this given that we've now got it confirmed from several people that from a distance it doesn't stick out and that you can barely even see it from the other parts of the Poly itself.

This kinda seems like a case of if you don't want to look at it then just don't go visit it and stick to the rest of the resort.
It's still an eyesoar and a monstrous shape and the angle that it sits. Speaking of fake boxy roofs Riviera I much prefer that over the roof they went with Polynesian Island Tower. Someone brought an excellent analogy that when you look at it from the monorail beam between it and Grand Floridian the hotels look like a straight Vegas Strip. It's odd when passing it on the monorail and then Grand Floridian right after. It's a T-Rex 🤥

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Yeah people, it doesn’t stick out! Just avert your eyes!

1726746241826.png

1726746291304.png

rle4lunch

Regardless of the hate, we're still booking it on Oct 15th with our points. I hope it's a pleasant surprise. We've made it a goal to stay at all DVC resorts. We did have 3 left, now we have 4. And I agree with the opinions on Rivera being kinda dull and sterile, but the rooms are good sized and nearly on par with GF. We own at Poly, but the existing DVC rooms are kinda dark and still feel like their styling is from the late 70's early 80's, which is fine, but a lighter color change in the rooms will be a welcome sight for us.

I'm hoping that Kidanis updates next year will lighten them too. The dark orange hues make them feel dated...

mysto

Yeah people, it doesn’t stick out! Just avert your eyes!

View attachment 816704

View attachment 816705
I stayed on the garden side of Tuvalu long ago and it felt like being in a jungle by a river dock. Now it looks like an urban jungle. The tictok vids will be majestic.

Best is something of a matter of taste. To me the wilderness feel at a resort destination was the best. The bubble. A quiet reprieve from the bustle of the parks.

spresso81

I am honestly shocked that they put this tower so close to the wedding pavilion. I thought they generated a ton of income from weddings held there from the venue, party and associated hotel stays for weddings.

Having this hulking tower over the venue should really impact the allure of having a wedding there.....I would think.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom