New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Disney is watching this like a hawk. If this is successful, you better believe they will make sure to be in line with at their signatures come the next price hike.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
1729800508706.png

Bocabear

This just doesn't fit what the BoardWalk needs. Thematically, it seems like a perfect fit for the Grand Floridian. The BoardWalk could benefit from a casual, indoor, quick-service spot and this is the opposite of that.
I could not agree more...especially with the other casual indoor dining spot now vacant...but we are where we are... It just seems especially tone-deaf to open this place along with a new price increase in tickets and passes while the country is dealing with a heavy dose of greed-flation going on in all of our lives....

WorldExplorer

Went to the AMC in Springs last night, figured I would have dinner while I was there.

Found myself thinking "wow, these prices are terrible...but at least they're not as bad as the Cake Bake Shop".

The notoriously overpriced power of Disney and movie theaters, combined, still seems reasonable in comparison to this restaurant.

FettFan

Chicken Salade Croissant

Our homemade chicken salade is made with gently poached chicken breast, sliced red grapes, celery, and fresh tarragon. Served on a freshly baked croissant with butter lettuce. Served with an arugula salade dressed with our homemade lemon vinaigrette and topped with Parmesan cheese.

Nothing more sickeningly pretentious than adding a nonsensical “e” to the end of an English phrase to make it sound French/fancy.

I guess they figured “Le croissant a la salade du poulet” was too much for those knuckle-dragging American tourists.

MrPromey

Chicken Salade Croissant

Our homemade chicken salade is made with gently poached chicken breast, sliced red grapes, celery, and fresh tarragon. Served on a freshly baked croissant with butter lettuce. Served with an arugula salade dressed with our homemade lemon vinaigrette and topped with Parmesan cheese.

Nothing more sickeningly pretentious than adding a nonsensical “e” to the end of an English phrase to make it sound French/fancy.

I guess they figured “Le croissant a la salade du poulet” was too much for those knuckle-dragging American tourists.

Hey, at least we know they weren't rough with that poached chicken breast.

Cruelty-free handling of disembodied animal protein should matter to us all.

You just know they were slapping around that battered chicken breast they used in the sandwiches at ESPN Club - the admission is right there in the name!

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Chicken Salade Croissant

If I recall correctly from her menu elsewhere, it does actually serve a differentiating purpose. It's a play on the fact that "salade" can also refer directly to lettuce in French. The dish isn't exactly a traditional chicken salad sandwich, at least in the American sense. It's more like a croissant with some chicken salad and then a ton of lettuce that basically flows off the sandwich and intermingles with the arugula salad on the rest of the plate. Or at least that's how I've seen it plated. Still pretentious, but there's at least a reason, unlike throwing haricot verts on your menu or whatever.

V_L_Raptor

The site that shall not be named took their review samples offsite and had no script. They weren’t exactly laudatory. (Apparently one of the chocolate cake offerings was notably similar to a Hostess cupcake… but for $26.)

lentesta

Premium Member
Went yesterday around 4:30. There was no line - I walked in, no wait, ordered, and went outside to eat.

As a unit of measure, my place in Manhattan is a couple blocks from a Magnolia Bakery, with $10 slices, and I'm within walking distance there of probably half a dozen excellent pastry places. The best cake place I've ever been to is probably Maxie B's in North Carolina. You'd hip-check meemaw for a slice, which currently runs around $9.

I got the Birthday Cake ($23), the Raspberry Champagne Cake ($23), and a decaf Americano ($6), which was ~$55 with tax and excluding gratuity.

Both the cakes were baked very well. Tasty vanilla sponge. Buttercream icings were generous and uniform. Nothing too sweet. Slices big enough for two people. Technically very solid bakes, done by professionals.

I ended up with an espresso instead of an Americano, but hey, everyone has a first day on the new coffee machine.

"Birthday" is my favorite cake flavor, so I tried this one first. Again, technically this cake is well done. I just can't see paying $23 for it. And that's because you can't make a big-enough jump in quality from Magnolia or Maxie B's to justify the price difference. The $10 slices are already at 80-90% of everything you want in cake. There's just not that much to improve on in the "vanilla cake" category.

The Raspberry Champagne Cake is something special. They soak the sponge in champagne syrup. And they mix a delightful raspberry jam between layers. I wish I had more of that. Really good cake. Didn't eat all of the icing around the sides and top - there was a lot. But over tea and dinner, yeah, finished that slice of cake. I'm not going to go out of my way to pay $23 for cake, but if I did, I'd order that again.

I think the challenge for Cake Bake Shop is that everything they serve at those prices has to have that kind of 'wow' moment. And as I said with the Birthday Cake, that's really hard with cake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom