New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The cake wasn’t the problem, IMO. Yes, it was (and still is) very expensive, but you can at least see the logic with it supposedly being their specialty. It was everything else on the menu that was the central issue, particularly sides, sodas, and children’s items. They’re still pretty bad, but I suppose it’s a bit of an improvement.

"Still pretty bad" is not an improvement. IMHO.

Someone saw dollar signs with this lessee and space, and a lot of them. Time will tell who was correct - That person/people or those of us here in the peanut gallery decrying the just-short-of-insane pricing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
This is not a full list, but here's a quick look at pricing differences using the posted pricing from this post from @wdwmagic, vs what was posted on the other site. Anything that has (removed) wasn't listed on the posted menu outside that I could see:

Breakfast & Brunch

Cocktails

• Mimosa $23 (Now $18.99)
• Bloody Mary $19 (Now $19.99)

Breakfast Cakes
• All-Butter Pound Cake $8 (Now $8.99)
• Banana Orange Nut Bread $10 (Now $8.99)
• Blueberry Crumb Cake $8 (Now $8.99)

Cinnamon Toast Brioche Bites $24 (Now $23.99)

Waffles, French Toast, & Pancakes
• Belgian Waffles $22 (Now $16.99)
• Chocolate Belgian Waffle $22 (Now $17.99)
• Challah Orange French Toast $26 (Now $18.99)
• GF Pixie Fetti® Pancakes $22 (Now $16.99)

Fruit & Granola
• Fruit Plate $26 (Now $18.99)
• Granola & Yogurt with Mixed Berries $26 (Now $19.99)

Quiche, Croques, & Croissants
• Broccoli Quiche $28 (Now $23.99)
• Ham, Rosemary & Goat Cheese Quiche $28 (Now $24.99)
• Croque-Monsieur $32 (Now $26.99)
• Croque-Madame $34 (Now $28.99)
• Chicken Salade Croissant $26 (Now $26.99)

Eggs
• Egg Sandwich $23 (Now $19.99)
• Eggs Any Style $26 (Now $16.99)
• Classic Eggs Benedict $34 (Now $19.99)
• Crab Cake Eggs Benedict $42 (Now $26.99)

Salades
• Blackberry Avocado Salade $26 (Now $25.99)

À La Carte
• Applewood Smoked Bacon $8 (Now $7.99)
• Sausage $8 (Now $7.99)
• Smashed Fingerling Potatoes $8 (Now $8.99)
• Cup of Fruit $9 (Now $6.99)
• Toast $4 (Now $3.99)
• Warm Baguette $12 (Now $8.99)
• All-Butter Croissant $12 (Now $5.99)
• Chocolate Dipped Croissant $12 (removed)

Children’s Breakfast
• Bacon & Eggs $18 (Now $12.99)
• Belgian Waffles $18 (Now $12.99)
• Chocolate Belgian Waffle $18 (Now $10.99)
• GF Pixie Fetti® Pancake $18 (Now $12.99)

Lunch & Dinner
Hors d’Oeuvres

• Truffle Pommes Frites $18 ($17.99)
• Gumbo Poutine $26 (Now $26.99)
• Pesto Burrata $34 (Now $28.99)
• Shrimp Rémoulade $26 (Now $28.99)
• Crab Cake with Rémoulade $36 (Now $26.99)
• Charcuterie Board $78 (removed)

Sandwiches
• Turkey & Gruyère Sandwich $23 (Now $23.99)
• French Ham & Brie Sandwich $24 (Now $25.99)
• Chicken Salade Croissant $26 (Now $26.99)
• Tuna Salade Sandwich $24 (removed)
• Croque-Monsieur $32 (Now $26.99)
• Croque-Madame $34 (Now $28.99)
• Grilled Salmon Sandwich $34 (Now $34.99)
• New Orleans Shrimp Po’ Boy $34 (removed)
• 12 Layer Club Sandwich $34 (removed)

Children’s Menu

• Buttered Noodles $18 (Now $13.99)
• Grilled Cheese $18 (Now $13.99)
• Ham Sandwich $18 (Now $14.99)
• Turkey Sandwich $18 (Now $14.99)
• Hamburger Sliders $18 (Now $16.99)
• Peanut Butter & Raspberry Jam Sandwich $18 (Now $12.99)
• Salmon Sliders $22 (Now $18.99)

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wow these people are so out of touch. Lets see if we can sneak in these ridiculous prices to see if anyone complains prior to opening. Oh looks like we are getting slammed with bad PR, lets reduce some prices and increase others and see what that does.... up next, eliminate menu items but keep prices sable at crazy.

Side bet... while they are lowering prices, portions will be smaller than their other 2 restaurants and potentially smaller then they planned originally before the outcry.

James Alucobond

"Still pretty bad" is not an improvement. IMHO.
I mean … yes it is, by the objective definition. The prices were mostly reduced with a couple exceptions inching up. You (and a lot of people) don’t think the improvement in pricing is enough, but it’s still an improvement for anyone that wanted to go there. We can use the word without implying it’s now the best thing ever.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I mean … yes it is, by the objective definition. The prices were mostly reduced with a couple exceptions inching up. You (and a lot of people) don’t think the improvement in pricing is enough, but it’s still an improvement for anyone that wanted to go there. We can use the word without implying it’s now the best thing ever.
I understand what you're saying. They also resorted to $x.99 pricing instead of whole dollar amounts. 😂

They still want $8 for bacon, $6 for a croissant. I paid far less for a croque monsieur in Paris, near Eiffel. $13 for a PB&J. It's still lunacy.

JoeCamel

Wow these people are so out of touch. Lets see if we can sneak in these ridiculous prices to see if anyone complains prior to opening. Oh looks like we are getting slammed with bad PR, lets reduce some prices and increase others and see what that does.... up next, eliminate menu items but keep prices sable at crazy.

Side bet... while they are lowering prices, portions will be smaller than their other 2 restaurants and potentially smaller then they planned originally before the outcry.
I don't understand how smaller portions will save significant money on their end, surely the ingredients are not much of the cost and the labor to prepare and package is about the same. All that does is reduce perceived value and why many places pile the food on as an excuse to jack the price up when you really only want half as much.

Mickeytb357

The original PB&J price was obscene at $18.99... $12.99 feels a little better.... More like Grand Floridian Pricing....Are the cake slices still $24- $26?
$23 I think and coke or any fountain drink/soda is 7 bucks 😬

I looked at the new menu, they changed prices, some went up and some went down. The funniest thing is so many things would be only a cent cheaper. So instead of 23$ it’s now marked as 22.99$ 🙄

I’m not saying the food isn’t good but it’s gonna be difficult to get people to spend that kind of money maybe at the level they want IMO. So many other quality options around that are half the price

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That private event has been going for days...

bake.jpg

Chef idea Mickey`=

Is just the price fiasco viral reaction result is result eventually to become the cause of this thing going down (?) Will this just lead to more outcry about the interior, the space, the cake tastes... oh boy!

JAB

With things like the slight-of hand with the "$xx.99" pricing and completely removing the extremely expensive items like the $78 charcuterie, this seems more like a pure PR move made out of panic rather than a genuine correction of their prices. Not to mention changing the price of cake slices from a range of $22-26 to $23 across the board (except one which is $25) to give the illusion of lower prices, but in reality the average price for a slice of cake only went from $23.56 to $23.21. :rolleyes:

Given the clear attempt to change the perception of their pricing, they really missed the mark again with the soft drink prices. Fountain drinks are almost entirely profit, so they could have afforded to drop the prices much more, which would have had a big impact on the way their prices were perceived since soft drinks are a universal common point of reference and a big part of why the $8 Coke was such a big talking point. Only lowering the price from $8 to $7... sorry $6.99... (which is still more than Disney charges their captive audience in the park for fountain drinks) was a missed opportunity for easy PR points.

Bocabear

Having reasonably priced children's menu would have been good PR too. The prices went down a bit...but seriously who would have gladly paid $18 for PB&J? the new $12.99 price is better, but still ridiculous... It doesn't come off as elegant and luxe.... it comes off as Greed.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Having reasonably priced children's menu would have been good PR too. The prices went down a bit...but seriously who would have gladly paid $18 for PB&J? the new $12.99 price is better, but still ridiculous... It doesn't come off as elegant and luxe.... it comes off as Greed.
My bet is a mix of greed and trying to recover what I can only imagine was an extremely over budget project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom