New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Bocabear

I did find a kids menu item more expensive that wasn't prefixed or a buffet...

Capa at the 4 seasons has a Petit Filet Mignon* (4oz) for $24 and Pescado (3oz) for $23

Other than that, I think the $22 salmon sliders take the cake.
I bet Capa would not charge $18 for a kids grilled cheese sandwich though... Well I guess they need to pay for that off-site commercial bakery where they will be mass producing their cakes...
I guess at these prices they will be able to pay off the construction faster than it took to rebuild the restaurant...

Purduevian

The Cake Bake Shop. Part of the reason why they haven't opened is because they had to build their off-site kitchen/distribution center.
I bet Capa would not charge $18 for a kids grilled cheese sandwich though... Well I guess they need to pay for that off-site commercial bakery where they will be mass producing their cakes...
I guess at these prices they will be able to pay off the construction faster than it took to rebuild the restaurant...
I mean there is still a big difference. Cheesecake factory has 2 factories (California, North Carolina, and soon Indiana) for it's 372 north American restaurants. Cake Bake is building an offsite commercial bakery (31,200 sqft) kitchen to support the Disney expansion.

The price of the cake is still outrageous, I just feel like a national chain is a poor comparison.

Regarding Capa's kids menu... Their grill cheese is $10 off the kids menu and comes with choice of steamed vegetables or French fries.

mattpeto

As this place gets closer to its opening, is this "Bon Voyage" at Trattoria al Forno last chance of rehappening? The character breakfast was never taken off the site and it seems like a perfect time to showcase "BoardWalk new features/activations/etc.": Cake Bake Shop, Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs and characters returning to Trat.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
*Sees menu and prices*

Spider Man Lol GIF

*Looks again*

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Definitely one of the bigger Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moments for a vendor at WDW.

Eric Graham

Cake Bake is going to have to adjust/reduce their pricing if they at all plan to survive. Unless this is the world's greatest food? Anyone have experience eating stuff from this menu?
I believe if I'm not mistaken that the prices are lower at the other Cake Bake shops....please don't quote me on that...sacre bleu!
;)

neo999955

In the Parks
No
The thing is: I don’t generally find Disney pastry prices to be unreasonable. Food at TSRs is pricy, but pastry from bakeries is pretty reasonable compared to what I’m used to in CT.

I won’t pay $24 for a slice of cake in NYC. I certainly won’t in WDW.
Absolutely insane. I'm in NYC and cannot think of a slice of cake that this price. Billy's slices are like $8. Even Magnolia slices (overrated, but famous) are only about $8-9. For twice the price you can nearly get a full cake from Molly's. Lady M is $12-13 or so.I guess Serendipity approaches $20, but it's not nearly worth the price.

I hope this place does terribly so others aren't influenced by the pricing.

Bocabear

The Cake Bake Shop. Part of the reason why they haven't opened is because they had to build their off-site kitchen/distribution center.
Looking at the menu I would think the delay was getting the toilets gold plated and encrusting the silverware with jewels....lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom