Has Anyone Ever Been Banned From Disney for Posting Videos of Their Experiences on YouTube? Can They?

musicalsteve82

Original Poster
I have some footage of my trip to Disney World and want to post it on my channel. However, I’m worried I might get banned from the park if I do so. Has anyone heard of that happening to anyone? Is it likely they would do it? My YouTube channel isn’t monetized, so I won’t make a dime off of it.

JoeCamel

I have some footage of my trip to Disney World and want to post it on my channel. However, I’m worried I might get banned from the park if I do so. Has anyone heard of that happening to anyone? Is it likely they would do it? My YouTube channel isn’t monetized, so I won’t make a dime off of it.
Did you create the footage and was it all recorded in guest accessible areas?
If you answer yes to both you may post it freely.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They have. They can.

This is the company that lets people back who have directly committed crimes on property, violated policies, posted about it, had arrested, etc.

No one needs to worry about REALLY being banned from Disney.. even those who have been directly tresspassed on property eventually get let back. And those people who are flat out getting into FIGHTS on stage aren't being banned forever either. Worst case people get a timeout and eventually get back in. People aren't getting passes revoked for unflattering videos.

Lilofan

In the last part of the movie " The Florida Project " was the child actors secretly being filmed at MK. Actor Willem Dafoe was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the movie .

musicalsteve82

Original Poster
All my videos are in the general public area. I have never been backstage.

They have. They can.

For filming in the public area? When was this?

This is the company that lets people back who have directly committed crimes on property, violated policies, posted about it, had arrested, etc.

No one needs to worry about REALLY being banned from Disney.. even those who have been directly tresspassed on property eventually get let back. And those people who are flat out getting into FIGHTS on stage aren't being banned forever either. Worst case people get a timeout and eventually get back in. People aren't getting passes revoked for unflattering videos.
I heard most people who appeal their band get denied. Adam the Woo got lucky because he had a lawyer.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
It happened to Adam the Woo. He was outside the parks, on property, but in an area behind a fence. It took 2 years and a lawyer to get him unbanned.

If you're worried about the content, upload the video but post a private link here, and we'll let you know after we view it if it looks like you'd be banned.

musicalsteve82

Original Poster
It happened to Adam the Woo. He was outside the parks, on property, but in an area behind a fence. It took 2 years and a lawyer to get him unbanned.
Wasn’t that area off limits? I heard it was mainly for being where he shouldn’t be.

Short version... basically everyone who ever had a story gets back in after time. They are all bark, not much bite.
David Swindler is still banned, as is Grace Jones.

StarWarsGirl

If you're just posting video from your trip in common guest areas and you've done nothing that violates their rules (for instance, recording when recording wasn't allowed, or trying to sell the footage) then you're in the clear. Disney considers this free advertising.

JIMINYCR

If youre not broadcasting anything unfairly critical or negative or falsely portraying Disney in any way, what would they complain about? You can see many guests videos of their having fun on vacation in the parks on various trips online. You would be one of many... there are so many that Disney isnt going to waste time and money on someone posting a trip. Now if you are going to do it on a consistent basis with content meant to hurt their business you might get their attention.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it’s general “amateur” footage shot onstage by yourself I don’t see any issue coming up.

They can get funny with footage around the security checks and anything they deem too “operational” but on the whole it’s usually okay. One of my recent videos is from DLP; would yours be similar:

The Empress Lilly

Be careful! TWDC is a touchy bunch!

I once took a selfie of me in front of the castle and livestreamed that on Instagram. Then security showed up from nowhere and said they'd ban me for life.

I said 'I do not put up with this, you'll be hearing from my laywer!', as I collected my scattered clothes from all over the stage and undies hanging from Pluto's nose.

musicalsteve82

Original Poster
There have been some who filmed the American Adventure show at Epcot but it is a good place to take a good nap in the huge theatre with the AC ice cold.

I remember taking pics of American Adventure and a Karen sitting in front of me told me to stop. She tried to tell security but they didn’t do anything.

To date, Dutch Wonderland is the only theme park I have a lifetime banning from.

Diamond Dot

I know people have had lifetime bans for going into unauthorised areas and filming.

I do think that people who make videos specifically for YouTube channels should consider the privacy of others. I'm talking about those doing meal and park reviews, so called 'Disney news' channels and all those channels who think their advice is essential. I'm not talking about someone recording a parade on their trip for the family to see, but, those sitting at a table discussing their food in detail while the people sitting in the background are also being filmed at length without their consent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom