Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Brian

Animaniac93-98

Disney World Lightning Lane Passes Will Be Available for Purchase By Guests In Canada​

Happy Canada Day long weekend everyone!

disney-pin-952-2.jpg

(Canada Day is July 1)

djlaosc

Disney World Lightning Lane Passes Will Be Available for Purchase By Guests In Canada​

So, the question is, which of the following is true (if any):
1) It was always going to be US & Canada only, but poor communication/writing from Disney made it seem as though it would be US only.
2) They have managed to create a fix in the last 77 hours since the first announcement, and this is the start of the international roll out.
3) They have managed to create a fix in the last 77 hours since the first announcement, but feel that "US & Canada is good enough..."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think that's part of it. I really believe a big part of it is trying to fill hotels rooms they are struggling to fill.
It does give an advantage for sure but will it move the needle on people deciding to stay on property? For the deluxe resorts the evening EMHs is a much better perk than booking rides a few days earlier. Maybe it helps get some people off of Int’l Drive to fill the all stars but I can’t see someone who could be paying $100 a night for a room being willing to shell out $700 for the Poly just to book their rides 4 days earlier.

Jrb1979

It does give an advantage for sure but will it move the needle on people deciding to stay on property? For the deluxe resorts the evening EMHs is a much better perk than booking rides a few days earlier. Maybe it helps get some people off of Int’l Drive to fill the all stars but I can’t see someone who could be paying $100 a night for a room being willing to shell out $700 for the Poly just to book their rides 4 days earlier.
While true IMO they are full on panic mode. The discounts and free dining hasn't moved the needle much so this is the next lever.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I never believe any company that claims they do anything based on customer feedback.
One example; Splash Mountain.
Feedback or not it’s all about making more money. Genie+ was already a paid service so any change would likely only be made if they expect to sell more units of the new system than they were selling of genie+ and if demand increases than by definition it’s more popular. Like I said not everyone will be happy but Disney is banking on more people wanting to buy this than those who bought genie+ and/or they will be willing to pay more for it.

Animaniac93-98

Offering free LL multi pass would be a much better value to encourage room bookings, but eat into ride revenue.

Unless they try a middle ground like "first 3 selections free!" and chose which inventory you can select from

ConfettiCupcake

1) It was always going to be US & Canada only, but poor communication/writing from Disney made it seem as though it would be US only.
2) They have managed to create a fix in the last 77 hours since the first announcement, and this is the start of the international roll out.
3) They have managed to create a fix in the last 77 hours since the first announcement, but feel that "US & Canada is good enough..."

I’m not even joking when I say I would not be surprised if they kinda just forgot about us and that we’ve always been closer to Americans than International in their systems.

I don’t think it was poor communication, since it was made clear it was necessary to be on US soil. I will believe nobody thought to check if it functioned in Canada too unless someone in the know refutes that 😆

bwr827

My money is on #1.

bwr827

I’m not even joking when I say I would not be surprised if they kinda just forgot about us and that we’ve always been closer to Americans than International in their systems.

I don’t think it was poor communication, since it was made clear it was necessary to be on US soil. I will believe nobody thought to check if it functioned in Canada too unless someone in the know refutes that 😆
Forgetting about us is absolutely poor communication. One of the first rules of communication is consider your audiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom