Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage return date

Figments Friend

Agree with the above sentiments.
The excitement in the audience viewing the first performance back is cheering for more then just a 30 year old stage show in a theme park.
Many in that audience were Cast cheering on their performer friends, and local fans making a point to be there for the return performance.
Happens often for 'firsts', 'returns', or 'last showings'....wether a stage show, parade, or Attraction.
I was feeling their excitement just watching the video...as I know what that is like when in a supportive audience showing some love for Cast.

This is a good day, regardless of what one may feel about the show itself.
I am pleased to see this back in action,..even in its 'Covid restrictions' format.
Interesting to see the changes made, and how certain scenes were handled.
Looking forward to seeing this in person yet again later this year.

-

yensidtlaw1969

Be Our Guest really looks chintzy without the kick line, my goodness. So does the finale, when the two people who’ve just fallen in love don’t even dance together.

Hopefully this is only a temporary change and in a month or two the full show will be available again.

(And with Broadway preparing a full on reopening in mid-September, I’m not sure what excuse they’ll be able to use for not returning these shows to their traditional formats. None of the Broadway shows reopening are planning any sort of “no touch” modification.)
Not only is calling it a "full on reopening in mid-September" a little disengenuous - SOME of the landmark shows will be reopening in September, with many others still to roll out slowly over the following months (and more than a few never to be seen again), but the situation in WDW Entertainment and the situation on Broadway is not entirely comparable, for many reasons.

And you can bet there will be Broadway shows making modifications to their stagings. Perhaps less glaring than the BATB ones, but still.

mm52200

Not only is calling it a "full on reopening in mid-September" a little disengenuous - SOME of the landmark shows will be reopening in September, with many others still to roll out slowly over the following months (and more than a few never to be seen again), but the situation in WDW Entertainment and the situation on Broadway is not entirely comparable, for many reasons.

And you can bet there will be Broadway shows making modifications to their stagings. Perhaps less glaring than the BATB ones, but still.
Most Broadway shows won’t see modifications due to the casts being fully vaccinated.
That will be eventually happening here but the company mandating vaccines for all cast was a very recent development and these productions with modifications were already in development as is. Will be interesting to see if they go back and make changes to any productions currently with modifications after the company policy changes.

jrhwdw

Most Broadway shows won’t see modifications due to the casts being fully vaccinated.
That will be eventually happening here but the company mandating vaccines for all cast was a very recent development and these productions with modifications were already in development as is. Will be interesting to see if they go back and make changes to any productions currently with modifications after the company policy changes.
Even with the policy change , Would we be still 4-6 weeks out from "Normal" Shows with CMs getting 1-2 Shots?

mm52200

Even with the policy change , Would we be still 4-6 weeks out from "Normal" Shows with CMs getting 1-2 Shots?
The policy still is in negotiable with unions.
Whenever that is set it would most likely be a 60 day time span to get them; and then from that’s even if the company wants to return shows to normal, pay for rehearsals, etc.
So regardless it’ll be awhile.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The policy still is in negotiable with unions.
Whenever that is set it would most likely be a 60 day time span to get them; and then from that’s even if the company wants to return shows to normal, pay for rehearsals, etc.
So regardless it’ll be awhile.
My understanding is that they'll ultimately reach an agreement similar to the one in place with the Broadway companies, given that a lot of the same unions, including Actors Equity, is involved. I'd expect to hear somethin by Labor Day, ironically, which means conceivably you could start seeing shows return to normal staging around the holidays. But of course, if we've learned one thing over the last 18 months, it's that predicting something that far out is futile.

The imminent return of Candlelight, however, seems to suggest that Disney expects its casts to be fully vaccinated by Thanksgiving if they're going to pack choirs and an orchestra on a stage.

jrhwdw

My understanding is that they'll ultimately reach an agreement similar to the one in place with the Broadway companies, given that a lot of the same unions, including Actors Equity, is involved. I'd expect to hear somethin by Labor Day, ironically, which means conceivably you could start seeing shows return to normal staging around the holidays. But of course, if we've learned one thing over the last 18 months, it's that predicting something that far out is futile.

The imminent return of Candlelight, however, seems to suggest that Disney expects its casts to be fully vaccinated by Thanksgiving if they're going to pack choirs and an orchestra on a stage.
I thought Candlelight was a no go for 2021? Then saw the Tweets today, You think its related to how Broadway is returning?

Is it possible for TDO to do something "Normal WDW" on Oct 1 if enough performers are Vaxed?

yensidtlaw1969

Every Broadway show I work on is making some modifications. At least one of them is making considerable ones. The others will likely go unnoticed by most audience members, as I noted. But they are changes still.

Splashin' Ryan

Does anyone know why this show returned before any of the others (Lion king aside)? I'm not mad at all about the decision I just wonder why friendship fare or Indiana jones or nemo wasn't chosen beforehand?
Was it capacity? Easiest to staff?

jrhwdw

Does anyone know why this show returned before any of the others (Lion king aside)? I'm not mad at all about the decision I just wonder why friendship fare or Indiana jones or nemo wasn't chosen beforehand?
As much as I love MRFF, I'm guessing BATB's Stage is bigger/easier to space apart than the Castle Stage?? Then again, MRFF could just do the Rain Show with no Dancers for the time being. Will the Castle even have a Stage by 10/1????? Or, no new buzz??

Indy has more room than MRFF/BATB so who knows with that one.

jrhwdw

I thought Candlelight was a no go for 2021? Then saw the Tweets today, You think its related to how Broadway is returning?

Is it possible for TDO to do something "Normal WDW" on Oct 1 if enough performers are Vaxed?
Just thought of this: with MOUACT returning, could the deadline really be 11/1? Or the first Merriest AH Night?
I mean it can't sit empty like that for all 18 months, right? 🤣
Even MRFF with a 50th tag would be nice like they do with the holiday season tags.
I wouldn't mind MRFF 50th! LOL!!!!

mm52200

A year ago when the parks were reopening, modified versions of FoLK, BatB, and Epic were all being prepared to open.
Ultimately they didn’t happen at the time due to the equity disputes, and by the time those were settled company priorities had changed(didn’t want to spend the money anymore). So these are happening because they already had the plans, just took over a year to happen.
Studios NEEDS their shows for additional capacity.
MRFF/the castle stage doesn’t have the room to properly distance backstage for the cast. Nemo at DAK just wasn’t deemed a priority at the time.

jrhwdw

A year ago when the parks were reopening, modified versions of FoLK, BatB, and Epic were all being prepared to open.
Ultimately they didn’t happen at the time due to the equity disputes, and by the time those were settled company priorities had changed(didn’t want to spend the money anymore). So these are happening because they already had the plans, just took over a year to happen.
Studios NEEDS their shows for additional capacity.
MRFF/the castle stage doesn’t have the room to properly distance backstage for the cast. Nemo at DAK just wasn’t deemed a priority at the time.
I could be totally wrong here but can't the cast space out in the entire Castle Walkthrough??? MK closes both sides of the Castle for Shows/HEA/OUAT.

mm52200

I could be totally wrong here but can't the cast space out in the entire Castle Walkthrough??? MK closes both sides of the Castle for Shows/HEA/OUAT.
Ops and higher ups don’t want the breezeway closed all day.
MRFF would reopen it between every show and had to get special permission to keep it closed between shows if something happened.

TrainsOfDisney

What is really strange is there are options for alternate live entertainment. Put the Main Street philharmonic on the Castle Stage and let a few costume characters dance around them like they do in Disneyland.

Same thing with the closed theaters at DHS and DAK... put together a small show with some equity performers and musicians. They could have citizens of Hollywood and / or comedy warehouse at studios and a version of adventurers club at animal kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom