Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage return date

jrhwdw

Is it just me or does the set seem much fresher?
Did the ladies(not Belle) get new outfits in Be Our Guest and the Finale?

Call me Stupid but I was hoping for the regular Finale(and show) before it opened today? But not yet I guess, still thrilled it's back! Esp. coming up to the 50th since it's an old School WDW Show!

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Fresh for the 50th, a show that debuted before the Berlin Wall fell.

I am happy for the performers, though.
From 1991 till March 2020, it had that same Old School WDW Quality, isn't that what we want at WDW???

The problem with the COVD Safe BATB is the COVID Safety Measures stand out to me more than FOTLK. Don't get wrong, COVID, I get it.

The show's still fantastic!!!!!! Also, I believe it got Standing O's all day! Good fro Them!!!!!

Casper Gutman

From 1991 till March 2020, it had that same Old School WDW Quality, isn't that what we want at WDW???

The problem with the COVD Safe BATB is the COVID Safety Measures stand out to me more than FOTLK. Don't get wrong, COVID, I get it.

The show's still fantastic!!!!!! Also, I believe it got Standing O's all day! Good fro Them!!!!!
Yeah, I’ll admit, I certainly wouldn’t complain if EPCOT still looked like it did 1991. It’s just that shows are a little different and (looks around nervously) this show was kinda cheesy and a bit lackluster the day it opened.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Wish I could have seen it. It was the last show we saw when we were here spring break before the excrement hit the fan and they closed.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Be Our Guest really looks chintzy without the kick line, my goodness. So does the finale, when the two people who’ve just fallen in love don’t even dance together.

Hopefully this is only a temporary change and in a month or two the full show will be available again.

(And with Broadway preparing a full on reopening in mid-September, I’m not sure what excuse they’ll be able to use for not returning these shows to their traditional formats. None of the Broadway shows reopening are planning any sort of “no touch” modification.)

peter11435

(And with Broadway preparing a full on reopening in mid-September, I’m not sure what excuse they’ll be able to use for not returning these shows to their traditional formats. None of the Broadway shows reopening are planning any sort of “no touch” modification.)
The Broadway shows will require vaccination. Not the case with this show. At least not yet

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Perhaps people were enjoying the show?
Oh Clearly. But that's why I questioned it. It's not like this show has returned somehow "better" or improved. In this day and age when people rarely clap at the end of blockbuster movies I just thought it surprising to see people clapping (and cheering excessively to the point of being obnoxious) for a truncated 30 year old stage show. Kudos to the cast but it's still "Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage". YMMV.

Last edited:

mm52200

Oh Clearly. But that's why I questioned it. It's not like this show has returned somehow "better" or improved. In this day and age when people rarely clap at the end of blockbuster movies I just thought it surprising to see people clapping (and cheering excessively to the point of being obnoxious) for a truncated 30 year old stage show. Kudos to the cast but it's still "Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage". YMMV.
Once again the audience(unlike you) seems to be emphatic to the situation that highly talented performers, techs, costumers, cosmetology, etc all got to return to what they love doing and that this represented another important step for the return of entertainment to WDW. I think everyone is the aware the show isn’t perfect and yeah it’s even kind of awkward now but it doesn’t diminish the fact the cast was giving 110% and everyone was excited to be back and cheer that on.

jrhwdw

How very dare you come on here with the idea that people could possibly enjoy a Disney offering, you're supposed to find numerous faults with it and say how bad everything is. Go and have a 'time out' and have a good old think about your future behaviour on these here boards :rolleyes:;)
No Comment!!!!

drew81

Once again the audience(unlike you) seems to be emphatic to the situation that highly talented performers, techs, costumers, cosmetology, etc all got to return to what they love doing and that this represented another important step for the return of entertainment to WDW. I think everyone is the aware the show isn’t perfect and yeah it’s even kind of awkward now but it doesn’t diminish the fact the cast was giving 110% and everyone was excited to be back and cheer that on.
BINGO!

jrhwdw

Exactly! This is the first day in 18 Months!!! It's no different than HEA's First Test, Cast Night and Return Night in 2021! I'm sure the usual reception(which is always good at BATB) will return if not Tomorrow, this week.

mergatroid

Definitely this. Also I imagine that friends and family of the performers were there cheering them on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom