Destination D23 2021

TrainsOfDisney

So what did people think of Destination D23 this year? I’ve attended many events in the past and watching this one on the live stream it seemed to be more fluff than usual but they also seemed to have more special guests than usual (Kermit, D’Capella, etc.).

Will be interesting to see how these events continue to evolve.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So what did people think of Destination D23 this year? I’ve attended many events in the past and watching this one on the live stream it seemed to be more fluff than usual but they also seemed to have more special guests than usual (Kermit, D’Capella, etc.).

Will be interesting to see how these events continue to evolve.
I’m pretty sure I’ve been to all of them since they started and this one seemed the least compelling of them all. Granted I skipped Sunday because I wasn’t feeling well but the agenda didn’t really excite me all that much.

While not the direct fault of the presenters, many of panels felt really forced and the panelists very uncomfortable in this forum. Getting up in front of a group of people like this is a skill most do not possess and when you’re uncomfortable doing it, with already awkward content, it feels mighty uncomfortable for the audience as well.

It kind of felt like they’ve already done all of the interesting things over the years and gotten really deep into all of the interesting subjects about WDW and had kind of run out of steam when searching for content to fill up two days. I’ve left the last couple I’ve attended with the feeling that it might be my last but the concept of celebrating WDW 50th reeled me in. I don’t sense it was worth it (hence my being okay skipping day 2) and I’m probably a few steps closer to skipping out on these for the future.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’m pretty sure I’ve been to all of them since they started and this one seemed the least compelling of them all. Granted I skipped Sunday because I wasn’t feeling well but the agenda didn’t really excite me all that much.

While not the direct fault of the presenters, many of panels felt really forced and the panelists very uncomfortable in this forum. Getting up in front of a group of people like this is a skill most do not possess and when you’re uncomfortable doing it, with already awkward content, it feels mighty uncomfortable for the audience as well.

It kind of felt like they’ve already done all of the interesting things over the years and gotten really deep into all of the interesting subjects about WDW and had kind of run out of steam when searching for content to fill up two days. I’ve left the last couple I’ve attended with the feeling that it might be my last but the concept of celebration WDW 50th reeled me in. I don’t sense it was worth it (hence my being okay skipping day 2) and I’m probably a few steps closer to skipping out on these for the future.
That’s kind of what I felt from the live stream but was thinking maybe it was better in person.

ToTBellHop

So Iger bailed chapek out of getting booed by conveniently having a farewell party during the event? He already bailed him out by appearing at the same time at the 50th event. This dude is gonna make less public appearances than Roger Goodell
He actually gave Josh a pep talk before he walked out:
1637617088523.jpeg

Robbiem

These are really interesting. I didn’t know WDW was going to be called ‘The Walt Disney World’. Its interesting to see how the design evolves. I just think its a shame the original logo isn’t used a lot these days it gave the resort its own identity more than using the handwriting logo everywhere. It was nice when each park was unique like that but its only really Disneyland thats still marketed like that.

hopemax

The "host lady" was Becky Klein, head of the Archives. That comment left her a bit speechless.
My Dad thought that since Nunis is writing his book, for Disney Editions, and Nunis is the type of person who knows how to get a result... Nunis had difficulty getting his Archive information requests handled appropriately and timely. He was challenging Becky in a public and direct manner.

DoleWhipDrea

Ah, I didn't catch her introduction. Indeed it did, Mr. Nunis is apparently a very outspoken individual.

Nunis has had a pretty consistent reputation when it comes to running his mouth and saying rather inappropriate things. Many quotes I've read of his talking to other Disney employees have made my jaw drop. He'd be a real HR nightmare today.

V_L_Raptor

I mean… doesn’t this make anyone else a bit mad? These things should be in their original spots, not in a hotel ballroom urging folks to spend thousands on merchandise celebrating attractions that have been destroyed. It seems like the height of cynicism.

I'm at the point where I would rather just have access to some Fusion360 files for the Epcot props so I could build my own (the butler especially, but there will forever and always be room for the likes of Figment). Enough with paying big moolah to chase around event tickets just to get a glimpse of a prop that they may possibly wheel out but might not. Give me what I need to build my own, just like Lucasfilm has done with Astromech.net.

JusticeDisney

You gonna pull something jumping to defend the mouse so much
Looks like your reading comprehension skills need some work. Show me where I defended anything.

Oh, and even if someone was defending the mouse, that would be just totally insane on a WDW message board, wouldn’t it?! LMAO at you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom