Destination D23 2021

RSoxNo1

A hopeful moment of Schadenfreude doesn't make a baseless speculation (by a site that declares itself at war with Disney) true.

The D23 crowd are hyped about Disney. Things announced in the past that left most of us on this forum puzzled or saddened got big cheers at D23.

As long as Chapek doesn't announce any bad news, he'd be cheered over and over again for any good news. Announce FoF return date? Cheers. Announce a night parade? Cheers. Show off footage of Cosmic Rewind? Cheers.

Then he leaves the stage not mentioning DG+ or ILL or trams.

No boos.
Truth. I was a vocal minority at D23 parks events when they brought out the stupid Target dog or said the synergy team focus group'd B.S. about EPCOT's direction. This is a "friendly" crowd and if you're getting booed at this event, you're really doing poorly.

But keep in mind, this is a guy that went to war with one of the biggest actresses in the world, couldn't handle the negative press and paid her $10 million more than she was asking for. He's not a good leader.

aladdin2007

Truth. I was a vocal minority at D23 parks events when they brought out the stupid Target dog or said the synergy team focus group'd B.S. about EPCOT's direction. This is a "friendly" crowd and if you're getting booed at this event, you're really doing poorly.

But keep in mind, this is a guy that went to war with one of the biggest actresses in the world, couldn't handle the negative press and paid her $10 million more than she was asking for. He's not a good leader.
this, and I think maybe finally people (public and media included) are starting to see the light on that. I wonder just how long he will last.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Don't forget keeping her on to produce a Tower of Terror movie.

Hard ball!!

pdude81

Well we now know what was saved from Mousegears..
e-K88Qwmc8Ssy8aT84eieqbOcVdDhRsgH065hoqBLPVA1WXfCiMTno_R5BMPDtF0grOHW911RNFgTzyFEPW7iKDMO18
I appreciate the context, as I was getting excited that they preserved this for so long and thought it might have more meaning. The big MG has been shuttered so long I forgot this was in there.

doctornick

This is...very promising?

Where in Burbank would they take it to? I guess what I mean is, with the shift of Parks, Experiences & Products to the Orlando area, wouldn't this type of thing be sent to that division for keeping? Maybe they don't have the dedicated space built yet?

trainplane3

Where in Burbank would they take it to? I guess what I mean is, with the shift of Parks, Experiences & Products to the Orlando area, wouldn't this type of thing be sent to that division for keeping? Maybe they don't have the dedicated space built yet?
The Archives are in Burbank, so there. But they could still restore it here and display it in Epcot. This is all the info we have on it.

Communicora

Premium Member
I haven't read anything that would indicate the archives are moving to Florida.

doctornick

I haven't read anything that would indicate the archives are moving to Florida.

Are the Archives park specific or are they for the whole company (e.g. also involving film items)? If it's the latter, I can understand keeping it in Burbank. If it's the former then wouldn't it make sense to move it to Florida as well?

Not really a criticism, more of a question. I mean, these kinds of items are things I would want to be located near the bulk of the WDI folks. As a creative branch, you can get inspiration from different sources and I think most of us would want the modern Imagineers to be able to see and learn as much from the past masters of the field as possible.

castlecake2.0

Are the Archives park specific or are they for the whole company (e.g. also involving film items)? If it's the latter, I can understand keeping it in Burbank. If it's the former then wouldn't it make sense to move it to Florida as well?

Not really a criticism, more of a question. I mean, these kinds of items are things I would want to be located near the bulk of the WDI folks. As a creative branch, you can get inspiration from different sources and I think most of us would want the modern Imagineers to be able to see and learn as much from the past masters of the field as possible.
The Archives are for the entire company. I believe WDI also has a pretty extensive library of their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom