Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

waltography

Don't know the veracity of this, but there's a screenshot going around on Instagram and Facebook from a virtual chat with a Disney rep that has confirmed that all reservations will be done through the website, not the app, and that it's best to ensure your tickets are linked on the website prior to making the reservation.

I guess we'll find out on the 12th when those who had tickets prior to the closure will be able to start reserving, but if this is true then I'm disappointed they're not taking advantage of the built-in functionality of reserving dates on your phone that the Flex pass already had.

Curious Constance

Don't know the veracity of this, but there's a screenshot going around on Instagram and Facebook from a virtual chat with a Disney rep that has confirmed that all reservations will be done through the website, not the app, and that it's best to ensure your tickets are linked on the website prior to making the reservation.

I guess we'll find out on the 12th when those who had tickets prior to the closure will be able to start reserving, but if this is true then I'm disappointed they're not taking advantage of the built-in functionality of reserving dates on your phone that the Flex pass already had.
It’s impossible to see if your tickets are linked to your account on the website. You can link a ticket, but if you already linked them through the app beforehand there is no way to look at that at the website that I can find.

waltography

It’s impossible to see if your tickets are linked to your account on the website. You can link a ticket, but if you already linked them through the app beforehand there is no way to look at that at the website that I can find.
Here's the screenshot that's being floated around - they did mention that it'd be best to unlink the ticket from the app and link it on the website.

JPEG image-E143CC6A2276-1.jpeg

TP2000

When I walked by carnation cafe they have scaffolding around it and looks to be painting it. So, it might not be ready in time for opening.

So.... It's this kind of thing that's going to be a bit tough to try and explain when the park reopens in 3 weeks.

Restaurants, attractions, and even major E Tickets closed and under scaffolding "for refurbishment". As if the park hasn't been closed to all customers for the past 13 months???

They couldn't repaint Carnation Cafe in 2020 and keep some painters employed?

If a cramped kitchen full of peon Panda Express employees can keep working thru a pandemic so that white collar workers can get their Uber Eats on time every night, then certainly painters and skilled craftsmen could keep working to refurbish facades and/or attractions at Disneyland. Right?

How do you reopen a theme park after 13 months of closure and say "Sorry folks, the Matterhorn is closed for maintenance. The moose out front shoulda' told ya!" :oops:

TP2000

I was going nuts trying to figure out why the site only said “Guests with 1 day tickets can view the Ticket Availability Calendar for when they can enjoy a visit “ because I was like what about 5 day tickets!??!!! Then it hit me, those don’t have any blackout dates so you can go anytime as long as reservations are available.

My tickets are linked in my app. But when I try and link them on the Disneyland website it says they are already linked “to an account” but doesn’t say they are linked to my account anywhere. Where the heck will the reservation system be? The website or the app??

What a mess.

At the very least, Disney needs to refund your Maxpass cost. And then figure out how your tickets work in their new system approved by Sacramento.

If you were a Californian, I'd tell you to call your congressman. But, since you are an Oregonian who technically shouldn't even be here, I'm not sure what to tell you to do? I can imagine how frustrating this is however, especially if you bought your tickets months ago. :(

TP2000

For out-of-state people, visitcalifornia.com, which is basically a mouthpiece for the CA tourism office, has updated its travel policy:

“Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors.

Um... gang? I realize visitcalifornia.com is nothing but a state government funded mouthpiece that (sadly) shouldn't be trusted, but a little dose of actual Science & Data seems to be in order, as of April 10th...

California Vaccination Rate = 35th Place at 20.5% Population Fully Vaccinated
California Case Rate = 19th Place at 93,573 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million Citizens

So if being in 35th Place for vaccinations with 34 states better than you means you are "highest", and being in 19th Place for Covid cases with 18 states better than you means you're "lowest", then that must be the New Math that all the kids are using today. :rolleyes:

Leave it Sacramento to come up with stats like that and then blatantly lie about them to the idiot tourists they won't let into Disneyland. 🤣

mandelbrot

No Grizzly River run? That's a big disappointment for me.

Maybe I'll wait this opening period out.
Have you tried breathing through a water-soaked mask? A few years ago that was determined to be torture so maybe that has something to do with the ride being closed while guests are required to wear masks. I have no idea if that's the actual reason GRR will be closed but I'd like to think Disney is trying to avoid the headache of people waterboarding themselves on one of their rides.

ToTBellHop

Have you tried breathing through a water-soaked mask? A few years ago that was determined to be torture so maybe that has something to do with the ride being closed while guests are required to wear masks. I have no idea if that's the actual reason GRR will be closed but I'd like to think Disney is trying to avoid the headache of people waterboarding themselves on one of their rides.
It is not currently scheduled to stay closed for long.
3E762F75-422E-4EE6-9F8B-A7D4ED4DD7C9.jpeg

Curious Constance

What a mess.

At the very least, Disney needs to refund your Maxpass cost. And then figure out how your tickets work in their new system approved by Sacramento.

If you were a Californian, I'd tell you to call your congressman. But, since you are an Oregonian who technically shouldn't even be here, I'm not sure what to tell you to do? I can imagine how frustrating this is however, especially if you bought your tickets months ago. :(
I'm not planning on coming until August now. I'll let all you Californians work out the bugs the first few months first ;)

DavidNoble

So.... It's this kind of thing that's going to be a bit tough to try and explain when the park reopens in 3 weeks.

Restaurants, attractions, and even major E Tickets closed and under scaffolding "for refurbishment". As if the park hasn't been closed to all customers for the past 13 months???

They couldn't repaint Carnation Cafe in 2020 and keep some painters employed?

If a cramped kitchen full of peon Panda Express employees can keep working thru a pandemic so that white collar workers can get their Uber Eats on time every night, then certainly painters and skilled craftsmen could keep working to refurbish facades and/or attractions at Disneyland. Right?

How do you reopen a theme park after 13 months of closure and say "Sorry folks, the Matterhorn is closed for maintenance. The moose out front shoulda' told ya!" :oops:

That is fairly embarrassing. Disney's desire to just cut costs at every chance they get is painfully obvious and the fact they think they should be able to charge the prices they do is insulting to everyone.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If Splash Mountain wasn't opening I'd see that as a reason, but I've gotten just as soaked on SM as I have on GRR.

DLR>WDW

Reservation system opens tomorrow at 8AM (or later) for existing ticket holders! How we feeling? Gonna be a #%*& show? I’ll report back with my findings. 🥴

CaptinEO

Reservation system opens tomorrow at 8AM (or later) for existing ticket holders! How we feeling? Gonna be a #%*& show? I’ll report back with my findings. 🥴
With GE reservations it said you were in a "queue". But it actually refreshed the page every 20 seconds and gave you a 1 in 2000 chance each refresh of getting a reservation. So people who rapidly refreshed had better luck than those who waited.

Curious how it will be this time around.

AJFireman

Looks like the Reservation Availability calendar shows 2 banks of reservations for single and multi day ticket. Also says there will be one for vacation packages.

"To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis. Check for updated availability." This statement on the website makes it seem that as the dates get closer they move ticket banks around if one bank still has availability. They have been doing that at WDW also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom