News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

GimpYancIent

The Evermore Orlando Resort looks nice and I am sure will do a good business, but, the hook, that little something that makes it special (according to its own advertising), that final touch to get people to want to stay there is "close proximity to WDW". Otherwise, it's just another nice pricey Florida resort to hang out in. Disney should charge a fee for using "WDW" in their advertising. Where is Disney legal on this?

maxairmike

I would have to explore the offerings a bit more, but I am not 100% sure I get the feel for this place, from a marketing strategy standpoint.

I mean it looks gorgeous, but since its brand new and just marketing/website photos for now, I wouldn't expect it not to, but it seems to give off an all inclusive resort vibe. For that type of setting, the overall marketing/financial plan is to keep guests on property. You have amazing features and amenities in order to offer a stay/vacation where once your dropped off at the resort, you never have to leave. Great for the guest, but from a business standpoint, you are counting on that all-inclusive vacation style so that guests are not only paying to stay on site, but they are paying to eat your food, drink your booze, rent your cabanas, floats, tee times, ect.

But now you take that property and build it in the tourist capital of the US. The area is already saturated with OFF SITE things to see, and things that are not an hour or two visit type locations. So what is the selling point, is it the on site all inclusive luxury features, or the close proximity to the off site offerings at a competitive price?

It also doesn't seem to give off the work/industry conference vibe. Again i would have to check into in more detail, and i am sure there are conference rooms set up, and it looks like a gorgeous place for a wedding, but not a massive work event.

So looking long term, who is the demographic you're looking for this property to fill? Are you trying to take guests out of the WDW/Universal resorts and win that market? Or are you trying to expand the travel market in Orlando and bring a new type of vacationer to Orlando?

I haven’t followed this too closely the past year, but the way I recall this being initially presented is different than how you seem to be interpreting it. The normal hotel (and timeshare style condos?) portion isn’t/wasn’t the “main” thing about this development. This was presented as a shakeup to the normal rental home market, providing a more consistent and hotel-like purchase experience for rental homes instead of the individual ownership model. However looking at it now it seems they’ve added more condo/villa units, so it might change things a bit in that regard. But the people looking for rental homes aren’t always the “park commando” types, so their presentation of amenities seems perfectly in line with what I’ve experienced that demographic enjoying (I used to live in a community that was over half master planned as vacation homes with expanded amenities). It might be interesting to see how this affects some of the older timeshare properties like Vistana in addition to all the purpose-built vacation rental home communities like in Champions Gate and all along 27. As bad as traffic can get on 535, it’s still far and away better than the Champions Gate traffic, so that’s a huge plus for vacationers right there.

Fido Chuckwagon

It might be interesting to see how this affects some of the older timeshare properties like Vistana
This appears to be priced competitively with Vistana (and possibly cheaper on some dats), is arguable easier to get to the parks than Vistana, and is significantly nicer. This could be a real threat to Vistana.

JMcMahonEsq

Leaving aside just the comparison of single room to single room vs on property resorts or other existing properties, it seems a big marketing point here is the availability of larger house style rentals with multiple bedrooms for either von trap style families or multiple families vacationing together. I am just curious is that really a large demographic to target? Most people I know have hard enough times schedule vacations around mom and dad's work schedules, kids school schedules, sports schedules, ect. Let alone trying to coordinate that with multiple families.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Leaving aside just the comparison of single room to single room vs on property resorts or other existing properties, it seems a big marketing point here is the availability of larger house style rentals with multiple bedrooms for either von trap style families or multiple families vacationing together. I am just curious is that really a large demographic to target? Most people I know have hard enough times schedule vacations around mom and dad's work schedules, kids school schedules, sports schedules, ect. Let alone trying to coordinate that with multiple families.
I'd have to imagine a large chunk of that market would be international families who definitely travel in large groups for two-three weeks at time.

FigmentFan82

i think one of the big things i read about the bigger room/houses etc is that you can break out pricing per person/families within the booking so that if you vacation with another family or friends you can easily handle the money stuff by assigning extra people to handle their portion of the bill

JMcMahonEsq

I'd have to imagine a large chunk of that market would be international families who definitely travel in large groups for two-three weeks at time.
Interesting. I sheepishly admit that despite working for a large internationally based company, I wasn't considering that demographic at all.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Interesting. I sheepishly admit that despite working for a large internationally based company, I wasn't considering that demographic at all.
I only say that because I worked in the industry in Orlando for about three years so I saw first hand. But that was pre-covid so the dynamics could have certainly shifted since then.

Fido Chuckwagon

I think it is. Places like Windsor Hills have a huge number of 4, 5, and 6 bedroom homes available for rent to larger families. Of course, Windsor Hills is also a significantly lower price point, so it remains to be seen if the more upscale market will fill these rooms.

JMcMahonEsq

i think one of the big things i read about the bigger room/houses etc is that you can break out pricing per person/families within the booking so that if you vacation with another family or friends you can easily handle the money stuff by assigning extra people to handle their portion of the bill
That sound's like an administrative nightmare. I would think the hotel is going to want a single point of billing. They might provide a service like at a restaurant that lets you split a bill, but i have to imagine the hotel is going to demand whoever booked and used their card is still liable for the entire booking. They aren't going to want to have the risk of chasing down 3-4 families within one large unit if some de
I think it is. Places like Windsor Hills have a huge number of 4, 5, and 6 bedroom homes available for rent to larger families. Of course, Windsor Hills is also a significantly lower price point, so it remains to be seen if the more upscale market will fill these rooms.
That’s a big question. It has been my experience that families with higher disposable income that are looking for more upscale properties don’t need the cost savings generally larger multiple bedroom units bring, and value their own time/planning vs tieing their trip/stay to planning with multiple groups

Disstevefan1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom