Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

jaklgreen

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who thinks their cookies (at least the chocolate chip ones) look bad. Too much chocolate, too little cookie.
You are not. We tried their cookies and cakes and were not impressed at all. They gave us a day old cookie and the cake frosting was grainy.

MrPromey

I am so lucky to have an awesome friend. Who went to Gideon's yesterday. Waited in a more than 3 hour long virtual queue. Then got on a plane and came home late last night. And I arrived at their home first thing this morning to pick up less-than-24-hour-old Gideon's cookies (only slightly smooshed by the TSA dropping a heavy bag on top of the cookie box)!!!!

O
M
G

Having them (almost) fresh makes a HUGE difference. I mean even a week+ old as I previously had them they're still pretty darn good. But less than 24 hours old where they are soft and fresh and the chocolate hasn't bloomed and salt flakes haven't fallen off?

HEAVEN in a cookie. 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

But now I'm totally spoiled and want them that fresh again. lol And I may not get that lucky again on timing!
Okay... getting someone else to wait for you may actually be THE best strategy. 😏

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I am so lucky to have an awesome friend. Who went to Gideon's yesterday. Waited in a more than 3 hour long virtual queue. Then got on a plane and came home late last night. And I arrived at their home first thing this morning to pick up less-than-24-hour-old Gideon's cookies (only slightly smooshed by the TSA dropping a heavy bag on top of the cookie box)!!!!

O
M
G

Having them (almost) fresh makes a HUGE difference. I mean even a week+ old as I previously had them they're still pretty darn good. But less than 24 hours old where they are soft and fresh and the chocolate hasn't bloomed and salt flakes haven't fallen off?

But now I'm totally spoiled and want them that fresh again. lol And I may not get that lucky again on timing!

NOW you know why they won't ship them :)

ppete1975

O
M
G

you better be getting them a great christmas present

MarvelCharacterNerd

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who thinks their cookies (at least the chocolate chip ones) look bad. Too much chocolate, too little cookie.
Here's the thing - a) I'm a chocoholic and b) I love soft chocolate chip cookies and/or cookie dough. The funny thing is, you would think these are sugar overload based on all the chocolate chips, but IMO they're not sugar overload - they're richness overload! I know nothing about how these are made, but I'd guess it involves BUCKETS of butter. lol But the richness oddly cuts the sugar rush of them. But it also keeps me from eating too much at one time.

Probably why after trying a couple of different flavors (including coffee cake and cookies 'n cream - neither of which were really repeatable need for me), my fave is actually the triple chocolate chip cookie. So. Much. Chocolate. It also tastes best after long travels and being frozen and reheated. Having now tasted these (almost) fresh, however, the original chocolate chip is fantastic fresh vs. 'only' being really good after longer travels and frozen and reheated. lol

I love big gooey chocolate chip cookies - at DLR, I pass on the plain Num-Nums but recommend their cousins which are used as part of the chocolate chunk sundaes at the Golden Horseshoe. I think they taste better when softened up under the ice cream.

But none of the above compares to the dear departed Chef Cookie's Deep Dish at DL's lost and lamented Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. That thing was literally the greatest cookie/dessert ever.

1637721924242.png

jaklgreen

Here's the thing - a) I'm a chocoholic and b) I love soft chocolate chip cookies and/or cookie dough. The funny thing is, you would think these are sugar overload based on all the chocolate chips, but IMO they're not sugar overload - they're richness overload! I know nothing about how these are made, but I'd guess it involves BUCKETS of butter. lol But the richness oddly cuts the sugar rush of them. But it also keeps me from eating too much at one time.

Probably why after trying a couple of different flavors (including coffee cake and cookies 'n cream - neither of which were really repeatable need for me), my fave is actually the triple chocolate chip cookie. So. Much. Chocolate. It also tastes best after long travels and being frozen and reheated. Having now tasted these (almost) fresh, however, the original chocolate chip is fantastic fresh vs. 'only' being really good after longer travels and frozen and reheated. lol

I love big gooey chocolate chip cookies - at DLR, I pass on the plain Num-Nums but recommend their cousins which are used as part of the chocolate chunk sundaes at the Golden Horseshoe. I think they taste better when softened up under the ice cream.

But none of the above compares to the dear departed Chef Cookie's Deep Dish at DL's lost and lamented Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. That thing was literally the greatest cookie/dessert ever.

View attachment 602630

My issue with most chocolate desserts is that they use crap chocolate. Hersey's is a travesty to the word chocolate. If businesses used good quality chocolate in their desserts, I would be right there with you.

Rinx

It was a one and done for us. Very average and not worth the price, calories, or wait. They aren't even baked at this location.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I thought the coffee cake one was good, but I've never been back. That line is wild.
I'm an Original Chocolate Chip Cookie and True Red Velvet Cake gal. :)

The long line looks intimidating, specially on weekends and in the afternoons/evenings, but (in my experience), it usually moves fairly quickly. That being said, as much as I like their cookies, Idk if I'd wait in line for more than 30-40mins to get one.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom