Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

Bocabear

The whole tiny shop is an experience...More akin to Harry Potter than anything at Disney Springs...
The cookies are good... the Andes Cake Slice is the best thing...aside from the coffee cake cookie.
I am hoping after it is there for a while the hype wears off and it will be easier to get into.
but I will say it again...the Andes Chocolate cake slice... OMG

Beacon Joe

Andes? As in the choco-mint thins? Okay, I might wait around 3 hours to try that.

Gonna need to order a side of metformin though. :D

And thanks to the Moderator for moving my question into this thread. I swear I searched for both "gideon" and "gideon's" and didn't find this large thread.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I have to ask. Is it at all worth the wait?
Yassssss.

(And that's coming from someone who has only tasted them after a friend of a friend bought them and mailed them to me cross-country after their trip, so I tasted them after they were a week old, then froze the extras and reheated over the next few weeks and continued to enjoy them.)

I can't even imagine how good they'd be fresh... 😍

MarvelCharacterNerd

It's heartbreaking they won't ship, but where there's a will, there's a cookie... :D

As someone madly in love with this place I've never been lol but who bugs people when they go to WDW to send me cookies... I can say that the freshest I've had them was 1 week after purchase (as it took a while for them to ship cross-country). I've also eaten them when they've taken longer than that to arrive because I couldn't let them go to waste. :eek: So I will say based on my couple of experiences getting them shipped - their chocolate blooms after that long in transit. Doesn't really affect the taste, but clearly these would be better fresh. That said - they're still awesome, even a week old. And they freeze really well - I treat myself to a fresh piece or two when I get them, then freeze the rest and enjoy them over the next few weeks. (Tip: cut them into quarters as they're too much even for a chocoholic to eat all at once.)

But you still have to find someone willing to stand in line for two hours to get them for you and then ship them. #thatswhatfriendswhoalsolikecookiesarefor :D

MrPromey

Sunday night at 6pm the virtual queue was 4 hours. (yes, midnight).

We couldn't stay.

This morning (a Wednesday), arriving at about 10:15am, there was a little over an hour wait with no virtual queue.

Most of the people in earshot were not first-time customers.

I'd say the popularity is not waning.

Also, having been in person, I have to wonder what the "Themed Retail, Non-Limited Budget." award winner looks like. I mean, there are frigging "fire" and fog effects at the registers. :oops:

Last edited:

Bob Harlem

Gideon's posted this response on their facebook page:

"The Themed Entertainment Association has recognized Gideon's Bakehouse with the international Thea Award for Retail Design. To see our name on a list next to the best Disney Imagineers, Weta Workshop, freakin' Nintendo?!? ... it barely makes sense, and we're grateful. I'll talk more about this in the new year when we have to put on our tuxes (weird) and head to California for the official ceremony. No one that follows Gideon's would be surprised to hear that we are obsessed with branding, design, and experience, so, for today, I'd like to congratulate the other recipients for the creativity and hard work that inspire us all.⁣"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Gideon's posted this response on their facebook page:

"The Themed Entertainment Association has recognized Gideon's Bakehouse with the international Thea Award for Retail Design. To see our name on a list next to the best Disney Imagineers, Weta Workshop, freakin' Nintendo?!? ... it barely makes sense, and we're grateful. I'll talk more about this in the new year when we have to put on our tuxes (weird) and head to California for the official ceremony. No one that follows Gideon's would be surprised to hear that we are obsessed with branding, design, and experience, so, for today, I'd like to congratulate the other recipients for the creativity and hard work that inspire us all.⁣"
If there is a college course on accepting an award, Gideon's reply should be on the cover of the textbook.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Sunday night at 6pm the virtual queue was 4 hours. (yes, midnight).

We couldn't stay.

This morning (a Wednesday), arriving at about 10:15am, there was a little over an hour wait with no virtual queue.

Most of the people in earshot were not first-time customers.

I'd say the popularity is not waning.

Also, having been in person, I have to wonder what the "Themed Retail, Non-Limited Budget." award winner looks like. I mean, there are frigging "fire" and fog effects at the registers. :oops:
A friend of mine was there this afternoon and said the line was 2-3 hours long so they couldn't wait and get me cookies. :( Hoping they'll get there again before they leave!

MrPromey

Yeah, best strategy is probably to go there first and try getting into the virtual queue so you then have a few hours to do other things before going back.
Actually, there is a better strategy but I don't like the whole of the internet enough to spill that semi-secret in public and ruin it. ;)

MarvelCharacterNerd

I am so lucky to have an awesome friend. Who went to Gideon's yesterday. Waited in a more than 3 hour long virtual queue. Then got on a plane and came home late last night. And I arrived at their home first thing this morning to pick up less-than-24-hour-old Gideon's cookies (only slightly smooshed by the TSA dropping a heavy bag on top of the cookie box)!!!!

O
M
G

Having them (almost) fresh makes a HUGE difference. I mean even a week+ old as I previously had them they're still pretty darn good. But less than 24 hours old where they are soft and fresh and the chocolate hasn't bloomed and salt flakes haven't fallen off?

HEAVEN in a cookie. 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

But now I'm totally spoiled and want them that fresh again. lol And I may not get that lucky again on timing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom