Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

trainplane3

That's exactly the type of thing I want!

... I probably can't afford that though. Is there a print of it?
It's a giclee so it's $395 but that was the last one in the Epcot store. There may be more. I was able to use my AP/DVC discount for 20% off. Print? I'm not sure. You would have to check in the store itself because I couldn't find it online.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Alrighty then, here's what I got. Obviously still wrapped in plastic until I can find a place to put it. Miles better then the lame Mickey crap they came out with.
cxXscun.jpg

Now THIS should have been used for the shirts!
Imagine this on a black fabric t-shirt....for $35.

Yes, please.
Take my money.

-

mcrgw29

Alrighty then, here's what I got. Obviously still wrapped in plastic until I can find a place to put it. Miles better then the lame Mickey crap they came out with.
[IllumiNations art pictures]

This was the poster design for the Festival of the Arts this year. I'm surprised they had any left. I picked up one of the last posters back in June but man I would've loved that glicee.

While we’re talking about IllumiNations merch, there are some cool designs on RedBubble. This is the sticker I got.
[IllumiNations sticker]

Like I said, there are other designs and you can also get them on t-shirts, mugs, etc.

You can also get this design on a shirt. I got one to wear for the finale and the shirts on redbubble are actually pretty nice quality.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Agreed! That was such a fun day! (Followed the next day by such a punch in the gut. 😆)

Well, thank goodness we had a former Land CM is our little party who provided a wonderful personally narrated greenhouse tour as the soothing therapy needed for some of us who were a tad agitated post-show.
That was terrific ...and just what was needed to provide a calming environment to 'de-compress'.

The Land was always a great Pavilion to 'get back to your roots'...
:)

-

TOCPE82

'Modern Mickey' blowing out the torch happily just didn't translate well for me at all.
I am sure the designers did not intend for it to look demeaning to the Shows' legacy, but dang, it sure sent the wrong visual message to me when i first saw the designs earlier this year.
Mick looked absolutely elated to blow out those lagoon torches for good!

From what I've been told, it's hard to get more vintagey designs approved. The designer was trying to capture the show's sense of joy. It didn't work for me either, but I see what he was going for.

Looking at the Passholder EPCOT Forever hoodie and, well, most AP exclusive merch, loud and gaudy is what they think people want. Though I have a closet of vintage, retro and pseudo-vintage WDW shirts that says otherwise. :)

Tom Morrow

Have there been any other sightings of the dismantled globe? Like maybe, is it being stored somewhere? Or has it been scrapped?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Have there been any other sightings of the dismantled globe? Like maybe, is it being stored somewhere? Or has it been scrapped?

Yes.
Sadly, the globe is dismantled -.

Shown backstage at Epcot, six days after the final showing of 'Illuminations'.
Very sad to see.

Photo by our informative airman, 'Bioreconstruct' via his Twitter page.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Another shot, from a slightly different angle -

( photo - 'Bioreconstruct' via Twitter )

I have been told that there was a alternative to seeing the globe removed and dismantled -

A proposal was made to keep the globe and turn it into a full wraparound video screen element, not just the 'continent' shapes.
This was then going to be used during 'Epcot Forever', to play video elements to compliment the show.
The idea was scrapped, however.
Too bad....

-

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Another shot, from a slightly different angle -

View attachment 419110

( photo - 'bioconstruct' via Twitter )

I have been told that there was a alternative to seeing the globe removed and dismantled -

A proposal was made to keep the globe and turn it into a full wraparound video screen element, not just the 'continent' shapes.
This was then going to be used during 'Epcot Forever', to play video elements to compliment the show.
The idea was scrapped, however.
Too bad....

-
When would they have time to work on it? Epcot wanted ROE all the way to EF. Would the Earth Globe have to leave ROE Early?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
When would they have time to work on it? Epcot wanted ROE all the way to EF. Would the Earth Globe have to leave ROE Early?

A very good question.
Not sure of the details regarding specifics, just relaying something i was told recently.

I had wondered myself how that would have been able to take place, but perhaps this is why it didn't happen.
No time to do so since the Park didn't want any 'dark' nights between the evening Show options.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom