News Disney to reveal more about the future of Epcot at D23 Expo 2019

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Honestly, with the Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden Festival, International Food & Wine Festival, and the International Festival of the Holidays, the park should be named Disney's Festival Center as it would be more fitting. :rolleyes:

A summer festival is the only gap keeping those outdoor kitchens from a year-round presence.
So sad but true.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I hope MouseGear stays the same just with a nice refresh - I used to work there and really loved everything about it. It was starting to get a bit dusty though.

Lol it will definitely get a refresh...a nice generic, soulless contemporary remodel with a bland industrial/warehouse look. Perhaps with some beige & taupe accent walls. Also, any signage for restrooms, etc. will be hidden to keep with them minimalist theme.

JohnD

Honestly, with the Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden Festival, International Food & Wine Festival, and the International Festival of the Holidays, the park should be named Disney's Festival Center as it would be more fitting. :rolleyes:

A summer festival is the only gap keeping those outdoor kitchens from a year-round presence.

They should just name it one big festival: The Flower, Garden, Food, and Wine Festival of the Arts and Holidays.

trainplane3

Since the logos were mentioned in this thread on the first page...
ECn82CCUcAAW_VE.jpg:orig

trainplane3

EPCOT Center was such a failure that the new Epcot is being wrapped in even more of its imagery.
That's the thing I'm laughing at the most. The hub used to have more water and more green then it does now. But now they're going back and bringing in a forest and adding fountains in the area. The entrance is basically the 82 version with more trees but no palms. While I'll wait to see the stuff in person when it's done, it really seems like a giant backpedal that's been in progress for 20+ years. I can't complain too much aside from losing symmetry. Imagine a CC West beefed up with a second (or third) floor that would be where the roof is now?

clemmo

May be reading way too much into that FW based concept art but way back in WS there’s no Brazil pavilion. At least that I can see.

EDIT- I see the posters now saying revealing Sunday so I'm assuming that's the artwork they just didn't want to give away early.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's the thing I'm laughing at the most. The hub used to have more water and more green then it does now. But now they're going back and bringing in a forest and adding fountains in the area. The entrance is basically the 82 version with more trees but no palms. While I'll wait to see the stuff in person when it's done, it really seems like a giant backpedal that's been in progress for 20+ years. I can't complain too much aside from losing symmetry. Imagine a CC West beefed up with a second (or third) floor that would be where the roof is now?
...Maybe it was never broke?
May be reading way too much into that FW based concept art but way back in WS there’s no Brazil pavilion. At least that I can see.

EDIT- I see the posters now saying revealing Sunday so I'm assuming that's the artwork they just didn't want to give away early.
Maybe it never existed? I know it goes contrary to Disney’s long confirmed plan to add consistently to the world showcase...but maybe somebody forgot to put it in the slide show?

Or likely...microfiche

FutureCEO

are they doing a deforestation ride with Brazil

TJJohn12

The gif overlay in the other threads also shows that the Germany pavilion has been given a photoshop-bump to the east, leaving a larger gap than in the original 1982 painting between it and Italy. So there's a chance we get another concept art on Sunday after the announcement that has Brazil plugged into that gap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom