News Star War's Galaxy's Edge dedication ceremony to be live streamed May 29

FutureCEO

They don't make Disney Parks Specials like that anymore. :(

Just seeing that video makes me sad about early Disney (granted I was only 4 at the time). Plus if Disney tried getting cast memebrs into those uniforms....a lawsuit would be on there hands.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Some of those may not fit the new Disney stroller specs.

Jabba? Who is that? Disney doesn't acknowledge the original trilogy in this new land.

When they said Star Wars Land I expected a Tatooine area with the Mos Eisley Cantina and Jabba's Palace for a sit down restaurant.
I expected Sand People running around, and Jawas and Dewbacks.
I expected to see the Lars homestead.
Instead we have a land that nobody knows anything about.

That's like make a Wizard of Oz land based around some strange part of Oz that we never even saw and not having the Lion, Tinman, Scarecrow or Dorothy there.....but still selling their outfits and stuffed Toto dolls.
As I've said before, at least I recognize some features on this new land, like the Millenium Falcon or an X-Wing.

Given the intensity of some hardcore eagle eyed SW fans, maybe Disney decided to build something new that couldn't be nit-picked for accuracy. 🤷‍♀️

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Interesting first look at Galaxy's Edge.

Walking through without the massive crowds, lines, stroller brigade, bubble wands, etc. is really the only way to experience this land and get the entire immersion right. Too bad no one else will ever be able to get that kind of opportunity.

Thanks for sharing this, it's awesome! 😃

Last edited:

VJ

I thought this was cool

>>Not only was the disappearance of the Fox theme a blow to the opening of films in the Star Wars universe, but the studio’s absorption by Disney raises questions about whether the fanfare will live on at all. The door is technically now even reopened for Disney to add the fanfare back in ahead of Star Wars films if and when Fox returns to the fold.

The theme, originally composed in 1933 by Fox music director Alfred Newman, may have very well faded into obscurity by the 1970s had Lucas not taken a particularly liking to it. The filmmaker insisted it be played before his first Star Wars film, and a renaissance of sorts began for the fanfare.
When Williams was hired to compose the music for 1977’s A New Hope, one of his first courses of action was writing a main theme in the same key as Newman’s fanfare. The combination struck a chord (pun intended) with audiences and fans of the series so deeply that the fanfare was included on releases of the Star Wars special edition re-release in the late 1990s and the Ultimate Edition score to 1999’s The Phantom Menace.
i like the pure silence before the main theme; it adds a level of anticipation

Old Mouseketeer

I just thought of a fitting analogy for George Lucas' appearance at the opening of Galaxy's Edge.

George Lucas being there was like a woman's ex husband after a bitter divorce having to go to her wedding to a new husband and make a speech.

Just awkward.

That's just stupid. Lucas chose to cash out and it was his choice to pass his child along to Disney. He sold it without retaining hard creative control--he left them with an outline for the sequel trilogy, but reserved no legal control. He collected the billions and entrusted Disney to care for his legacy. I don't know what contractual obligations (if any) he has that require him to show up. But he was in the driver's seat. This time he wasn't under the pressure of a divorce settlement like he was when he sold Pixar to Steve Jobs. George Lucas is not a victim here. He's sitting in the catbird seat--his stories are continuing and Disney isn't doing any worse than he did, himself.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Some of those may not fit the new Disney stroller specs.

Jabba? Who is that? Disney doesn't acknowledge the original trilogy in this new land.

When they said Star Wars Land I expected a Tatooine area with the Mos Eisley Cantina and Jabba's Palace for a sit down restaurant.
I expected Sand People running around, and Jawas and Dewbacks.
I expected to see the Lars homestead.
Instead we have a land that nobody knows anything about.

That's like make a Wizard of Oz land based around some strange part of Oz that we never even saw and not having the Lion, Tinman, Scarecrow or Dorothy there.....but still selling their outfits and stuffed Toto dolls.
THANK YOU!!! Been saying this all along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom