Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
As a South Floridian, I would rather take the Brightline to Orlando than fly or drive.
Former South Floridian here. If it's just me, I'd rather fly. Metrorail to MIA, carry on bag through TSA, and get plastered at the Centurion lounge before boarding.

If it's my wife and I, still fly.

Add my kid to the equation, BRIGHTLINE.

In fact, I just booked a random weekend to Miami in September to test it out.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Need to connect to Miami for onwards travel, Miami is an American hub.
Not just an American hub, but a major international airport.

Skyteam airlines and Delta's partners will connect through MIA with continuing service on Delta.

Meanwhile OneWorld Airlines and AA's partners will connect through MIA for continuing service on American.

Also, if you need to be there for business in the morning and fly back in the evening.

Yes. This is a big one.

When I worked in Brickell, we'd have people fly down from Orlando on day trips to attend meetings in Miami and fly right back, and vice-versa. Lots of Miami investors are investing in Orlando.

TrainsOfDisney

What’s the benefit of flying between Orlando and Miami?
There are multiple bus routes that travel from Orlando to Miami. There are multiple flights from Orlando to Miami.

There will now be multiple trains from Orlando to Miami (Amtrak already operates 2 trains per day but they take a bit longer because it’s not a direct route and of course they don’t run faster than 79mph).

Multiple options is always a good thing!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are multiple bus routes that travel from Orlando to Miami. There are multiple flights from Orlando to Miami.

There will now be multiple trains from Orlando to Miami (Amtrak already operates 2 trains per day but they take a bit longer because it’s not a direct route and of course they don’t run faster than 79mph).

Don't forget riding lawnmowers!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is there a riding lawnmower public transit option available?

$54 ticket. Comes with courtesy beef jerky and Bud Light.

1684346258578.png

Rich Brownn

People are weird when it comes to mass transit. Me and a friend were neighbors and both worked at the same place in Miami. I took the metro rail to the metro mover to work and it took 35-40 minutes. She drove and it took 90 due to traffic. When I asked why she didn't take the train, she replied "driving was more convenient". I'm not sure how an extra hour or more a day was convenient but thats the mindset

Ayla

Brightline takes 3 and a half hours from Miami to Orlando, same as driving.

ETA: Driving is going directly from starting point to destination. Train means an extra transportation option on either end, which adds more time.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

ETA: Driving is going directly from starting point to destination. Train means an extra transportation option on either end, which adds more time.
You’re welcome to continue driving and others will continue to fly or take Amtrak, or one of the 3+ bus lines that travel the same route (greyhound, Flix bus, red coach…).

And now many people will take Brightline as well! It’s great to have choices in life.

Ayla

You’re welcome to continue driving and others will continue to fly or take Amtrak, or one of the 3+ bus lines that travel the same route (greyhound, Flix bus, red coach…).

And now many people will take Brightline as well! It’s great to have choices in life.
Oh, no worries. FL isn't getting a penny of my money.

Rich Brownn

If you need to go anywhere downtown/Brickell, add an extra 30-60 minutes to driving. at least BL drops you right by the MetroMover. Plus don't forget parking which is a nightmare in most locations.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Enjoy being stuck in traffic on 95 or on a section of the turnpike without an exit for hours while I cruise on by you on the train.
Oh, no worries. FL isn't getting a penny of my money.
Then why are you here spouting anti-public transport nonsense?

Twirlnhurl

I was thinking they might eventually make tickets available sooner than September 1. But the closer we get, the more it looks to me like the service will start in September.

TP2000

I was thinking they might eventually make tickets available sooner than September 1. But the closer we get, the more it looks to me like the service will start in September.

This whole Brightline project is absolutely incredible. The first private passenger rail system in this country in at least half a century. o_O

Brightline is now planning to build a similar private railway from Las Vegas to SoCal in a few years, and I can't wait.

Meanwhile, in California after 15 years of work and $10 Billion in construction costs they've got this so far... :banghead:

Vegas Disney Fan

This whole Brightline project is absolutely incredible. The first private passenger rail system in this country in at least half a century. o_O

Brightline is now planning to build a similar private railway from Las Vegas to SoCal in a few years, and I can't wait.

Meanwhile, in California after 15 years of work and $10 Billion in construction costs they've got this so far... :banghead:

Brightline is being very smart with the design of the Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga train, almost the entire thing will be in the I15 median, and at grade, it’ll still cost several billion dollars but compared to the now $100+ billion price tag for the CA line it will at least be completed.

The downside of being at grade is some parts will be limited to car speeds but at least it’ll be done and serving passengers in our lifetime.

As someone who drives to LA several times a year I can’t wait for this to be finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom