Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

IanDLBZF

Disney might not be necessary. One can already transfer between SunRail to Lynx. Lynx also already serves Walt Disney World. Lynx adding a stop seems like an obvious move.
Exactly, plus transferring to/from Amtrak to/from Lynx is also possible at the Kissimmee Station, but your timings may vary especially if you've got massive delays.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

To me, the big draw will be the Brightline run from Orlando to Tampa. That opens up going to Busch Gardens, depending on where the Tampa station will be. I guess Uber ride from the station to Busch Gardens would work as well. I have always wanted to go back to BG when down there but the drive on I-4 has always made me rethink the plan.

V_L_Raptor

To me, the big draw will be the Brightline run from Orlando to Tampa. That opens up going to Busch Gardens, depending on where the Tampa station will be. I guess Uber ride from the station to Busch Gardens would work as well. I have always wanted to go back to BG when down there but the drive on I-4 has always made me rethink the plan.

I think pulling off that section of the line would (will?) be something of a coup. Proposed locations have been near Ybor or TIA, I believe. So long as traffic on 275 isn't ugly, that should put you about 20-25 minutes from BG.

Last edited by a moderator:

UCF

Original Poster
I think pulling off that section of the line would (will?) be something of a coup. ) Proposed locations have been near Ybor or TIA, I believe. So long as traffic on 275 isn't ugly, that should put you about 20-25 minutes from BG.
The plan for the Tampa route is to completely privately fund it, no tax dollars. The Orlando airport to Disney-area line is going to get some government funding since they're trying to make them go a route that is going to cost an additional billion dollars and want to run Sunrail along the same tracks, but after Disney, it should not use tax dollars. I also wouldn't expect much opposition to the route since its in the center of I-4, which already a noisy corridor, so there shouldn't be as much as far as noise complaints as what they had on the Miami to Orlando route. Brightline is not government rail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayla

Tickets are now on sale for the route between Orlando and South Florida for travel dates between September 1, 2023 and January 7, 2024. An official opening date and summer inaugural rides will be announced after Brightline has completed required testing.

You can purchase tickets at https://www.gobrightline.com.
It's cheaper and doesn't take any longer to drive from Miami to Orlando. I'm failing to see the benefit.

lazyboy97o

There isn't one. 🤷‍♀️
Something is convincing people to pay for the multiple flights offered each day.

For business travel, it’s probably a good bit cheaper to pay for a train ticket and expect someone to work for those three hours than pay them to do no work and drive.

Tourists visiting multiple parts of the state could save on rental car fees that have risen in recent years, especially if they’re only getting the car to move between south and centra Florida.

There’s also just a convenience factor for people who don’t want to sit in a car.

Indy_UK

August 2024 we are doing a stay at Vero Beach resort and doing a cruise from fort Lauderdale.

I’m wondering whether it may be easy to fly into Miami instead of MCO and either getting a hire car to drive through or train from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom