Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

BrianLo

TDL local since 2020. I would take a day at TDL over TDS any day of the week.

And I would (probably) take a day at Magic Kingdom over a day at TDL.

Grass is always greener!

I mean, it shakes out really definitively in attendance patterns. TDL still tends to run a few million ahead in the pre-pandemic years. So I'll be quite curious to see how much Fantasy Springs closes the gap after the first couple years of its excitement.

We may start to have a very different perspective around these parts with MK. Particularly if it starts actually seeing proper investment, as seems to be happening. I think further helped by being mostly park originals, as the projects seem to be from my awareness.

mickEblu

TDL local since 2020. I would take a day at TDL over TDS any day of the week.

And I would (probably) take a day at Magic Kingdom over a day at TDL.

Grass is always greener!

And maybe that just says more about our age and the kind of parks we grew up with but it just seems to me that a beautiful castle park with its variety, whimsy and typical attraction roster has everything it needs to make it more desirable than a park like TDS, no matter how great it may be.

TalkToEthan

I would 100% take TDL over Magic Kingdom any day of the week. At least OLC knows how to operate and maintain a park,

Me, too

Tokyo customer service, cleanliness, maintenance, operation schedules and cast enthusiasm compared to WDW’s parks has to be seen to appreciate.

““Unfortunately, no one can be told what the OLC is. You have to see it for yourself."”
IMG_0067.jpeg

Last edited:

brb1006

Me, too

Tokyo customer service, cleanliness, maintenance, operation schedules and cast enthusiasm compared to WDW’s parks has to be seen to appreciate.

““Unfortunately, no one can be told what the OLC is. You have to see it for yourself."”View attachment 803358
Even the Cast Members aren't afraid of showing enthusiasm and excitement at times compared to WDW. Especially for various seasonal events and parades (such as the former Disney's Easter Wonderland Parade and Quacky Celebration Donald The Legend).

Last edited:

Mark_E

After a busy day at Tokyo Disney Sea, it now really feels like a really complete park with Fantasy Springs. This was my fourth visit to the park (once in 2013 and twice last year). The only thing really lacking now is the entertainment which could easily be rectified by bringing back the Little Mermaid show & Song of Mirage, and sprucing up Big Band Beat. Oh, and a proper water ride like a river rapids would have been wonderful in the heat! I also missed Sinbad this trip in its refurb.

SweetDuffy101

Interesting tidbits with Hangar stage and Adventureland stage. It seems that TDR is prepping either a brand new show for both Theaters or the return of Party Gras and Song of Mirage.

Whispers are saying TDS will be getting a brand new Broadway Music theatre show in time for 2026. Still depends on the situation. Dockside stage and mermaid lagoon theater still no update sadly.

fradz

Heh, it’s just the first few months. There’s always a lot of enthusiasm for every new addition.
But yeah, I did splurge on a vacation package for my December visit because it’s gonna be the lady’s first visit and she loves Tangled. I didn’t tell her anything about the parks yet, just that it’s better than WDW and DLP 😂

BasiltheBatLord

I mean. I’ve heard it from lots of other sources.

OLC has seemingly made the process to visit Fantasy Springs super convoluted and expensive.
BatB was even worse when it opened. It was a one-time random lottery. If you lost that was your only chance to experience it. You'd have to buy another park ticket and come back to have another chance. A lot of the stage shows are still operated this way.

Heh, it’s just the first few months. There’s always a lot of enthusiasm for every new addition.
How do we know? Super Nintendo World at USJ still operates on a timed entry system over 3 years since opening. Granted it's not always required and it's not particularly difficult to get, but still. I think times have changed and this is going to be normal for all new additions now.

cjkeating

How do we know? Super Nintendo World at USJ still operates on a timed entry system over 3 years since opening. Granted it's not always required and it's not particularly difficult to get, but still. I think times have changed and this is going to be normal for all new additions now.
I agree. I think they are going to milk Fantasy Springs for all it is worth using the methods they are currently using for as long as they can. They must be making a fortune from Vacation Packages and Premier Access.

Disone

BatB was even worse when it opened. It was a one-time random lottery. If you lost that was your only chance to experience it. You'd have to buy another park ticket and come back to have another chance. A lot of the stage shows are still operated this way.

This is what I hate about virtual que... Like Tokyo Disney's lottery system it only gives you a chance of experiencing the attraction.

I think it's wrong to market something as the reason to come visit Walt Disney World. And then they do. Only to find out they have to be able to get a virtual que and if not then try to pay extra.

Doing that to any new Marquee attraction at Tokyo Disneyland is sad. When I was there they only did it to shows and I was disappointed to miss some shows because of it. I can't imagine if I flew all the way to Tokyo Disneyland and try the new beauty and the beast ride only to find out it was lottery and....... I don't win that chance. I would be very upset.

This only makes me validate my critique of putting a new Walt Disney World Marquee attraction (Tron, Guardians, TBA, etc...). I may be Logan so I will live another day but I really feel for all those who are not. Are coming down for these attractions, and hopefully they get them on the day they have a ticket for the park.

So much for caring about the experience that the family from Denver is having.

DarkMetroid567

Yeah, I had to book Fantasy Springs Hotel. I did really enjoy the hotel (70,000 yen worth, not so sure…) but the entire thing definitely soured me on how OLC runs the Tokyo parks. There were a lot of little things that, operationally, the domestic parks do much better.

TalkToEthan

1)Fantasy Springs controls/restrictions
2)Queue closures well before park closing
3)Lottery for shows
4)Extreme limitation on park hopping
5)Show closures

…….any other significant operations that disappoint the guest??

SweetDuffy101

1)Fantasy Springs controls/restrictions
2)Queue closures well before park closing
3)Lottery for shows
4)Extreme limitation on park hopping
5)Show closures

…….any other significant operations that disappoint the guest??
6)scalpers
7)Rude manners of some guests
8) Cast members turning into Idols(i know its weird but true)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom